𝟏𝟖 : 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤

^ 𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐲

^ 𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐲

Scout sat with her back resting on the large stones behind her. She noticed a little girl coming up to her.

"hi." the young girl said.

"hi , what's your name honey?" Scout asked as the girl sat down beside her.

"I'm Cady. And just so you know , mrs.Layla really is your mom." the little girl explained. Giving her a small smile.

"Well Cady , thanks. Where are your parents?" Scout asked playing with her fingers.

Cady instantly got quiet and stopped moving around. "I don't have parents. I never have." She said " I never even had a sibling." She said sadly as Scout saw her eyes tearing up.

Her heart broke for the little girl and out of instinct she hugged her. She played with her hair as she silently crying.

Scouts heart hurt , no child should be loving a life like this. Cady seemed like a sweet little girl but she seemed forgotten. She walked around without an adult and no supervision.

"I'm here for you." She said stroking her hair. Cady nodded and sniffled still laying her head on Scouts lap.

     ₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

Eventually Cady had fallen asleep and Scout carried her to her small tent.

Scout now sat beside Minho while Fry , Newt and Thomas joined them. Her head rested on Minhos shoulder and she sighed lifting her head before turning around to see Teresa at the cliff.

"Wish Alby could've seen all this." Newt spoke up sadly.

Thomas nodded.

"And Winston." Frypan spoke up.

Newt nodded.

"And Chuck." Thomas said sadly.

Scout nodded at the name of Chuck. He was so young when he died , he and Cady had the same situation , except Cady was only 4.

Chuck was around 14 years old.

Maybe 13.

She didn't know.

"Hey where's Teresa?" Thomas asked out of the blue.

"Up there." Scout pointed , letting go of Minhos hand.

Thomas nodded and started to make his way up to the cliff.

After he gone the kids were left in a comforting silence.

"Scoot, are you ok?" Newt asked from a few feet beside her. "Yeah. Why?" She asked curiously.

"Nothing."

They were interrupted once Thomas came back down calmly and sat back down.

Scout didn't want to get back to the subject about her so she stood up. " I'm gonna talk to Teresa." She said walking away and up the cliff.

"Hi Teresa." She said simply looking out at the view In front of her. "I think we should go back." Teresa changed the whole subject. Not even saying hi back.

"Uhm what?" Scout asked as if Teresa was crazy. "I just , I think we should go back." Teresa said tears accompanying her eyes.

"I want you to understand. Please Scout." Teresa said , tears finally leaving her eyes.

"Understand what? What the fuck are you talking about?" Scout asked , not understanding.

Two lights in the distance came up from behind the tall mountains. Scouts eyebrows furrowed in confusion and stepped closer to the edge to get a better look.

"what the fuck." she muttered to herself.

helicopter whirrs filled her ears , a punch to the jaw was giving to Scout , she knew Teresa wouldn't dare to punch her as she knew Scout was stronger. She groaned and revived another punch.

Her eyes widened when she felt blood dripping down her Teresa had just fucking punched her. Just because she was her friend didn't mean Scout wouldn't hit back.

She stood up and punched Teresa in the cheek , Teresa immediately hit back and punched her in the mouth. Scout fell to the floor and grabbed her jaw in pain. Tears sprung her eyes and her eyes widened once the whole right arm was being bombed.

The orange fire color shone on her eyes , the colors made her want to cry. Minho.

Where was he? She needed to find him.

She tried to get up and away from Teresa but failed as Teresa grabbed her hair and pulled her farther along the edge.

From the corner of Scouts eye she saw the edge coming closer. She yelled in pain and struggled against her grip. She grabbed her arm and punched her upper muscle , Teresa immediately pulled away and tripped on a rock her head now fully being over the edge.

Scout straddled her and both of her arms wrapped around Teresa's neck. She was stunned at her own actions but she continued to choke Teresa.

Tears sprung out of her eyes as she let out a loud sob. She didn't want to choke her but she had betrayed them, she didn't desver to be alive anymore. That's all Scout could think.

Teresa's eyes were closing and she wheezed for air. Her hands let go but still fought. She punched her twice in the nose. Her nose was all bloody.

Scout felt faint and got off Teresa. Though somehow she was still fighting. She punched Scout in the cheek twice and she yelled in agony.

Scout panted in pain. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She shrieked holding her cheek as two guards came up the cliff.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

____________________________

authors note :

the next chapter is probably
the last for scorch trials!! 😱

how do we feel I'm being
way more consistent
with this book??

I'm very happy with myself.

words : 877