𝟏𝟕 : 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Jorge stopped the car telling everyone they now had to walk

Jorge stopped the car telling everyone they now had to walk. They were now on foot.

Everyone looked through the cars to see if they could find anything they could use but Scout just stood off to the side trailing behind Minho and Newt.

It looked as if the world had stopped in place , all untouched , dust built up. It seemed unreal.

A gunshot made her flinch she quickly ducked down beside Minho and Newt.

"Anyone know where those bloody shots came from?" Newt yelled searching for an answer but didn't receive one.

"Everybody! Get set to sprint back to the truck and hold your ears!" Jorge yelled from beside them.

"Drop it." A female voice Scout heard.

She turned to see two girls one blonde and a dark skinned girl.

"On your feet let's go! You three over here now!" The dark skinned girl ordered. The three got up and Scout moved closer to Minho.

"Don't be stupid move!" She ordered again.

She stopped lowering her gun and took off the mask that was covering her face.

"Aris? Oh my god." She said uncovering her whole face and grabbing Aris into a hug.

The blonde girl also lowered her mask. Turning over to Aris to give him a hug. "You're lucky we didn't shoot your ass!" She said hugging him tightly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" The girl asked.

"Uhm what's happening?" Asked Minho from beside Scout she just took ahold of his hand. "We were in the maze together!" Aris said proudly.

The girl whistled before yelling. "We're clear guys come on out!" She yelled loudly as multiple people with guns from atop the mountains revealed themselves.

"Back it up Jo!" The blonde haired girl yelled to a man as they were now walking to where they holed up. Apparently they knew where the right arm was.

It was a long drive , but shorter considering they had cars. They finally arrived to the right arm and they had learned the two girls were named Harriet and Sonya.

Sonya seemed nice , Harriet was difficult to read through but she seemed ok. For a second Scout looked to Newt and Sonya , they slightly looked alike.

Scout looked around not listening to their conversation. Someone crashed into Scout shoulder making her move out of the way seeing Brenda fall to the floor. Scout gasped as Minho pulled her back.

Jorge rushed to Brenda side and Teresa and Scout looked in shock. The man named Vince bent down and lifted the white patch on Brenda's leg revealing her.

The man instantly brought up his gun yelling they had cranks and for Thomas to step back.

"We let cranks in here now! Safe haven doesn't last a week." He said.

"There's gotta be something you can do!" Thomas pleaded.

"Yeah. There's something i can do. I can put her out of her misery." He said cocking his gun and Jorge immediately tried to wiggle out of the man's grip who held him.

"Vince! That's enough!"

"Stop it Vince!"

Two female voices yelled.

The groups eyes all went over to the two woman who approached. Scout eyes widened when she saw the second woman.

It was her apparent mother. She quickly stood behind Minho and he gave her a confused look. "What?" He whispered into her ear.

"At W.I.C.K.E.D .. she uhm told me she was mom." She whispered back giving him a truthful answer. His eyes widened but he remained still.

Scout looked back over to see Brenda being lifted up carefully and taken into a tent. Her mother approached Minho and looked at him from behind.

"Hi baby." Her mother said.

"Don't call me tha- Scout tried to say but was cut off by her mother hugging her tightly. She pushed her off and her mother's smile dropped.

"I need to talk to you." Her mother said. Scout didn't even know her name. She didn't want to talk to a stranger.

"No ma'am." Minho said pulling Scout back.

"Let me talk to my daughter." She said anger laced into her voice as she grabbed Scout roughly by the arm.

Scout let herself get dragged away. She knew she could easily take her down but she didn't know if it was her real mother.

She led her into a small walk in tent and grabbed a drink quickly drinking it.

"There's a lot you don't know. I know you don't trust me. But you have to. First off Gally you remember him?" She asked swiftly.

Scout felt overwhelmed and wanted to do nothing but be hugged by Minho right now. "Yes! Yes I do!" Scout replied.

"He , god you're not gonna believe me. He's your brother." Her mother said waiting for her reaction.

Scout laughed out loud as if she was a physco. Her laughter died down as she noticed the woman's serious expression. "Are you serious? I watched him die! Your lying. I don't know who you are so stay away from me!" Scout slightly yelled raising her voice.

"Sweetie , I know it's hard right now but please trust me. I'm not a liar!" Her mother tried to defend herself.

"Don't call me sweetie! You don't know jack shit about me! Leave me alone!" Scout fully yelled now shaking her head and making the tears go away from her eyes.

The woman dropped everything. "I can give you proof." She said blankly no emotion evident on her face anymore.

"Fine." Was all Scout said. Shrugging her shoulders.

The woman bent down to open a tiny safe and put in the code opening it. She took out a picture and showed it to Scout.

Her eyes slightly widened as she looked at the picture, it looked exactly like gally but he way younger and it was a little girl , same hair as Scout and same exact smile.

She weakly smiled at the picture and pushed it into her pocket. "So you really are my mom?" She sniffled and asked.

Her mother nodded and gave her a sincere hug. She hugged her back but then the realization hit her , she would never be able to talk to Gally again. He was dead.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

__________________________

authors note :

she has a dead brother..
Or is he really dead?? 😱

words :: 1044