𝟏𝟐 : 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐞

That same night they had found a small place for shelter and built a small fire

That same night they had found a small place for shelter and built a small fire. The kids all sat and laid in silence.

"I thought we were supposed to be immune." Minho spoke up from beside Scout. She looked at the boy with tired eyes.

"Not all of us , I guess." Teresa mumbled the last part. Looking at the fire. "If Winston can get infected, we should assume to can the rest of us.." Newt said firmly.

"I never thought I'd say it." Frypan started a small tear falling from his cheek. "I miss the glade." He finished , not looking anyone in the eye.

Scout nodded slyly not thinking anyone could see her. But Minho saw. He witnessed it when nobody else had.

The girl sighed and rolled over her back facing the fire. Falling into a deep sleep she very much needed.

The next morning the first they the kids did was pack up and start walking. It was like a loop all over again. Lay low , find shelter , sleep , wake up , pack up and walk.

Everyday the past 4 days. It was hot. Wind at time. But it was mostly hot. Scout felt as if the mountains are getting farther away.

They didn't have anymore water and were getting desperate. They were hungry.

That night they had to sleep on the ground of the filthy desert.

Scout couldn't sleep anymore. She felt tired but her brain wouldn't let her sleep. She looked over to her friends and they were all asleep. Or she thought.

"Can't sleep?" Asked Thomas from beside her startling her. "No. You?" She asked back.

"No." He answered. Sighing loudly. The two fell into a comfortable silence as Scout looked up at the dark forming sky.

"I'm sorry." Scout said filling the silence. Making Thomas turn over to her. And look at her with confused eyes.

"For what?" He asked confusion laced into his tired voice.

"Janson told me something. And I didn't tell you not even Minho. And I met someone. I knew they were W.I.C.K.E.D before you did. And I think I met my mother." She admitted.

Thomas eyes widened and he turned to her. "Why didn't you tell us?" He asked suddenly sounding angry. In reality he wasn't angry. Scout thought she knew what it was like to sound angry but really he was just confused.

"I didn't know where you guys were. And I met my mother." She said changing the subject as she didn't want Thomas to be upset with her.

"I'm not mad if that's what you think. And I think it's cool you met your mom." He said softly, relaxing Scout.

"You know last night when you were asleep Minho was saying he didn't think you cared about him anymore." Thomas said.

"I do care about him. I just don't know why I feel the need to be isolated. I love him , I really do but sometimes I don't want to be around anyone." The girl explained.

They feel back into a soft silence only hearing the wind blow the small grains of sand.
"Night Thomas." The girl said rolling over to face Minhos sleeping face.

She had convinced herself he was asleep but he wasn't. He was listening since they mentioned his name. He wanted to smile , he wanted to hug her and tell her he loved her.

But he knew she didn't need it right now.

___________
Very short chapter.. it's scary..

i js rlly wanted to update and I'm at my friends house. So sorry!!

words :: 592