𝟐𝟑 : 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬.

scout just sat beside newt and looked out the broken window

scout just sat beside newt and looked out the broken window. then , newt turned and spoke. "yeah unless they figured out some other way to keep the cranks out." scout looked up and to her right.

a city , large city , stopped in time with giant walls surrounding it.

"funny , spent three years trying to break out and now we want to break back in." newt scoffed.

"yeah it's hilarious." frypan said dryly. scout sighed and looked at thomas. jorge told thomas not to look at him for answers.

thomas came over to newt and scout as they stood side by side and brenda , jorge and fry climbed into the car.

"you really think he's in there?" newt asked.

"guess we'll find out." thomas answered.

"you know , she'll be there too." scout said softly and looked up at thomas. referring to teresa.

the night of the betrayal still haunted her in the head.

thomas sighed and climbed into the car. scout began to back up to the car. so did newt.

"well get him back." newt whispered into her ear in the car. she only nodded and rested her head on his shoulder sadly.

"yeah i know." she whispered back.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

finally they were near the city. this part of the burnt down city was filled with people. but the walls didn't allow them in.

"we are the voice! not the voiceless! they hide behind those walls to keep the cure for themselves!" a voice spoke from a megaphone.

scout looked up and behind her as she hugged newts arm closer. a car came through , thomas was making eye contact with a specific guy.

scout frowned. "what is it?" she asked thomas quietly.

"nothing." he shook his head.

they made their way to the train tracks. it was maybe a few feet from the walls. "that's it! that's our way in!" thomas exclaimed and pointed at the giant walls.

scout sighed. she knew they wouldn't find an entrance. they pushed their way to the front and scout clung into newt and brenda held scouts hand.

newt pulled her closer , she was practically on his chest. "newt look." she said discreetly, the men on the trucks were following them.

thomas and jorge turned to look at the men. then it grew silent. nothing. it was quiet. eerie. and everyone , even the crowd watched as these ginormous machine guns arose.

she backed up a little. brenda and scout ran ahead. scout was scared. thomas pushed brenda and scout ahead into an alley.

as they ran the same men were there. one of them grabbed her and she shrieked. "newt!" she half shouted as she was pushed into a van.

brenda was beside her and thomas was on her other side. the men then boarded the van and they were staring right at them.

scout was tempted to shoot them but she knew they were way stronger. finally they stopped the van.

the men climbed out and they pushed brenda and her out. they stood their ground and the next van pulled up. it was literally shaking.

then the doors opened. one of the men flew out onto his butt and then jorge jumped on him and punched him repeatedly.

scouts eyes widened and brenda and thomas ran forward. thomas was pushed back and crashed into scout.

she winced a little and pushed him away. he shot her a short glare. finally they got jorge off the man and calm once he saw brenda.

"everybody relax! we're all on the same side here." a man spoke. he had a shaved head but scout couldn't see who it was.

"what do you mean same side? who the hell are you?!" thomas shouted angrily.

the man upfront composed himself and sighed under his mask. he turned his head away softly and lifted his mask slowly.

gally.

her brother.

the boy with the weird eye brows. the boy she grew up apparently. the boy who's picture was in her back pocket. the boy who was known as the mean one.

the one who made her smile at times. the boy who arrived in the glade just a month after she did.

"hey greenie." he spoke with his same rough voice. scouts eyes slightly widened. she had no idea what would happen next.

she watched him die. she watched him bleed to death. she watched him dying and lose his lung but she didn't do anything.

she just watched.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

__________________________

authors note :

OH MY GOSH FINAL HOUR UPDATED??

anyways i'm sorry but hello
also we're gonna see cady soon!!

words : 763