Chapter 11: Green and White

Arthur's POV
I'm only doing an additional sport because Akira told me to. She can be very persuasive. I was kind of hoping it'd continue raining so I wouldn't have to do athletics practice just yet. But it stopped raining and is all sunny and shining. We went onto the wet oval with things set up on it. My paws were dirty and wet. I rubbed off some of the fake green and white grass. Done in the school's colors. They should've included red. Red's the best color. Well that's what I reckon. I only recognized.. Jack,  Nova and Izzy. Wait, IZZY?! Oh no! What do I do? Uhhhh! Hey I'll just hang around the new dog, Jack who's Cindy's neighbor. He hangs around Esmerelda, Millie and Nancy. "Alright everyone, you all need to first try is the 400m sprint, go!" We all set up at the line and counted each other down and we started to run. 400m is basically one lap of the oval. I was in the lead with Izzy right behind me. "I won't let you win this." She said to me while gritting her teeth. She was getting.. scary. Suddenly I sprinted for my life, mainly to get away from Izzy. I was looking back to see how far away she was when the coach called the whistle. "Impressive, Arthur! Arthur has won the race!" I stopped in my tracks. Wow I really won? That's good right? Because I won the race, coach let me sit out for 800m which Izzy won. I know Izzy's fast. If only Akira could've seen me win that 400m sprint! She would be so proud. "Oh oh! How could I forget!" He hand us beach these elastic  circular things in the school colors, green and white. "Now these little trinkets go go around your head to show you're DSP!" We all put them around our heads and cheered. Coach clapped for us and then he asked us to do shot put. He gave us each this heavy ball. When the whistle blew, we threw it as hard as we could. Jack won it, he bursted into happiness. He was jumping in the air cheering. I got second. I was 1 metre difference from Jack. The coach took notes on each of us. Next was javelin, the same thing, just throwing more of a spiky thing. Jack won it again! I came third this time. Next was high jump. Nova aced it. I was also pretty good at it. Next was long jump, I reckon I was better at high jump but Izzy and Jack were pretty good and long jump. Especially Izzy.

Aina's POV
All of those doing a sport for DSP were required to come to the hall just before lunch. I sat with Amber and Glitter. "Goo afternoon sports players, as you all may know, we will give you something to represent DSP." VPF told us. I saw plenty of green and white things. DSP colors. "First swimming, here is your green and white DSP caps." All of the swimming team stood up to collect it. "Next, frisbee. Here is your green and white DSP t-shirt." They had all been fitted for us. On the back was our names and our number. Now that was cool! I was 1. "Soccer. Here is your long sleeve green and white DSP jersey." All the soccer team then stood up to collect it. "Now cheerleaders and athletics, you are already done so you can now leave." We all then left the hall. I felt pride wearing my t-shirt, green and white. Truly special colors.