Chapter 29: Graduation

Tuesday Week 9
Bailey's POV
I'm so excited! It's graduationnnnnnn! I'm not graduating but all the graduates have to shake paws with me because I'm the school captain! Next year I'm graduating which is also really exciting but a wise dog called Atlas told me focus on the present and not the future. But how can I listen to him when everything is just so exciting, great and most importantly amazing! We all went onto the oval. Everyone had to sort out their seats. But I didn't need to, as I will be one of the speakers. All the graduates were lined up together with all their graduation hats on. Plus, one of the graduates is my best friend! Stewart. He's graduating B2 and moving up to C3. He's standing next to Skye because that's his sister. You know it's weird how everyone thinks that Skye's his little sister, when she's actually his older sister. Skye gave me a small wave. I waved back. Then I realized I was a flimsy cabbage who had embarrassed myself when I realized she was waving to Lacy who was late to graduation. Lacy's also graduating and is one of Skye's best friends. I don't know what homeroom she's graduating from though. Stewart was still laughing out of my pure embarrassment. Times like these I wish I could change exactly 38 seconds ago. Skye nudged Stewart. "Bailey waved to you, wave back." Oh she thought I was waving to Stewart! Perfect save! Now Stewart was the flimsy cabbage. He stopped laughing and waved awkwardly to me. I snickered to myself when my back was to them. Then all the teachers and Vice principal Frankie came. "I want to recognize this momentous occasion. These are our graduates of the first year of DSP. I would like to ask Chief to speak, one of our full school graduates." Chief went down to speak. "Um i I uh it was nice uh to graduate here." He then quickly walked away. That was probably so embarrassing for him. Chief's moving to a new school next year. Some place called St. Creeks. "Now all graduates shall come down slowly, shake Bailey and i's paws and collect the badge." They walked to us. Shaking mine then VPF's. Miss Cleo was taking pictures. They all got positioned "WE'RE GRADUATING!" They yelled and they threw their graduation hats in the air. Miss Cleo took the shot. "That's going in the 2023 DSP Yearbook!" I felt happy for them. They all looked happy. You know, I just can not wait for my graduation next year, my full school one!