Chapter 20: Rejection

Week 5 Wednesday
Bailey's POV
Last night was so fun! I was queued up for lunch. Burger, some pear slices, broccoli, grilled salmon cat soup and pet friendly chocolate milk. I sat down with my friends. Today has been weird so far. Well not weird, but I feel there is something big going to happen. "Something weird is going on." I said upfront to my friends. "True. The cafeteria's very tense." Atlas said. The cafeteria was not tense. "Chief? He's got those weird flowers over there." Elton said. We all looked at Chief, he had a bouquet of roses. Could Chief actually like someone? That for somewhat reason sounds... impossible, strange and weird. But who? "Don't worry guys, Emerald or Lacy will find out." Stewart said. We all started laughing. Zane's phone beeped. He got it out. He texted someone back. "What was that?" Atlas asked him. "Just Cloud. She was asking if I knew anything about the Chief and roses thingy." Why does Cloud text him so much? Ohhhhh I remember now. Everyone was staring at Chief and his roses. Everyone was whispering. Aina then got on their table to announce something. "Right, everyone! Stop staring, whispering and gossiping about Chief and his roses. There will be no further talking subject on this. Is that clear?" Aina said loudly and angrily. "I said, Is that clear?!" Now she was getting pretty angry. "Yes." The cafeteria said altogether. It's sad how we all just bow down to her. Well not bow, but basically follow her orders. I remember when she was just like the rest of us. She had good friends, she followed Amber and Glitter's orders like the rest of us and seemingly wasn't all that popular. She sat back down in a huff.

After home room check out

School was out for today. Mr Zeus had dismissed us. Everyone was crowding the front entrance. I had to get a look. Chief had his roses behind his back just in front of the door. There was also someone else there, a girl, Artemis. Chief cleared his throat. "Ahem, Artemis..."

Amber's POV
Oh no he isn't! He can not! "Artemis... I don't really know how to explain and honestly it's strange and I may be embarrassing the heck out of myself right now but.." he kind of is not going to lie! "Do you know what a crush is?" He held out his roses to her. She wasn't saying anything and to be honest, I don't think he was done. "So... I guess you can tell what I'm doing right now." This is really just awkward! She stood there, still, not saying a word. She then look down at her paws in sorrow. "I'm sorry Chief but, I have to reject you." Wow. She then walked out of the front entrance. A car was waiting outside. The window rolled down and there was Lacy. She got in with her and then the car drove off. Chief's roses dropped. He didn't look sad though. He shrugged, "eh, at least she's happy I guess." Then he walked off and did his usual things. "Oh my gosh-" I covered Emerald's mouth. "Don't say a word."