Chapter 16: Soccer Game

Week 4 Friday
Bailey's POV
I know that our soccer team is so going to win this! Well I don't know much about the Little Red soccer team. We all walked onto the oval. Amber was going to be our goalie, I was going to be the Centre kicker. We starting doing exercises, in the mean time before Little Red arrived. Our cheerleaders were stationed and ready, they were just rehearsing. Everyone else was in the stands or arriving in the stands. Atlas, Elton and Stewart had made this big sign poster thingy saying, 'Go Bailey and Zane!!' They were sitting in the front row. Cloud was also in the front row with her friends. She'd also made a sign. When Zane spotted Cloud, he smiled and waved. Cloud waved back. Is that a cute couple or something? Finally, Little Red arrived. I spotted Bree and Camera, our neighbors. Gee, they're both on the soccer team. There cheerleaders also positioned themselves. I'm meant to lead them to here because i'm the school captain but because I'm on this team, Leo, house captain of Beethoven was asked to do it instead. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around. "Oh hey gypsy!" Gypsy was there. "Hey! Getting ready for the soccer match?" I nodded at her. "Well good luck, anyway gotta go sit with my friends!" She then ran off to sit in the second row with her friends, Flossie, Maggie and Nova. They had a sign for the whole soccer team. Then Blueberry, also in the second row had one that said, 'Go Bailey! You got this!' She's a nice friend I guess. Skye had also made one. 'Let's go Bailey! Let's Go!" Then the game begun. Coach blew the whistle and we all took our places. I was in the middle facing Camera. Bree was their goalie. Coach threw the ball in the air and I kicked it towards the goal. Bree missed and we had already scored a goal! I heard loud yelling, chanting and clapping. "Go Bailey! Go Bailey!" The whole crowd erupted into saying. Amber and Glitter did claps and Zane and I did a big high five. We then continued. Bree kicked the ball to Camera who ran as fast as she could with the ball. She kicked it so hard at Amber. Amber caught it though. "Hand ball!" Some random Little Red cheerleader dog said. "I'm the goalie, stupid!" Amber snapped at her. The dog backed down. She kicked the ball to Glitter who had the ball stolen from her.

Nearing the end...

Zane had a free kick. This would be the last kick! If he made this kick we would win. Come on Zane! You can do it! He took a deep breath, he had run up and kicked the ball in, Bree missed and we had won! All of DSP stood up cheering, clapping and chanting. The triple crowd C's. "Go Zane, Go, Go Zane!" The whole crowd cheered with Atlas, Elton, Stewart and Cloud leading. Then the cheerleaders started chanting it. He had so much pride! After Little Red had left, our friends and Cloud ran down to congratulate him. "Well done! I'm so proud of you, Zane!" She said and gave him a hug. I wished I'd kicked that goal but hey, I'm happy for the team, DSP and Zane.