4- Missing In Action

3 months later..

It had been about 3 months, since Marcel had invited me to stay in New Orleans. Tired of constantly being on the move, I decided to take him up on his offer. Since I didn't Have to turn anymore, I figured that as long as I was careful, I'd be safe to stay for a time. So, with Marcel's assistance, I was able to secure a room at one of the inns; which I was welcome to use as long as I followed his rules while I was here. Thankfully, most of his rules I had lived by, even before Klaus turned me, so I didn't have to change my normal routine much at all.. As I think that, I look around at the passers-by from my table, outside of the café I've grown attached to, since agreeing to stay. As I do however, I suddenly have a strong feeling of being watched. As I notice this, I catch a familiar scent on the wind. That scent...isn't that..? Sighing, I roll my eyes. Great, just what I need right now.. I think to myself sarcastically, before sighing once again, and speak. "You gonna join me at some point, or continue to lurk like a creep..?" I ask, just loud enough for her to hear, before I take another drink of my coffee.

?" I ask, just loud enough for her to hear, before I take another drink of my coffee

After a few seconds, Rebekah takes a seat at my table. "Where's my brother?" She asks, getting straight to the point. Raising a brow, I speak. "Why hello, Rebekah, it's good to see you too. I'm doing well, thanks for asking." I say. "I don't care. Now, where is my brother?" She asks. Sighing in annoyance, I speak. "How the hell should I know?" I ask. "I'm no fool, where you go, he goes, and vice-versa. It's a constant game of cat and mouse with the two of you." She says. Raising a brow in confusion, I speak. "Are we talking about the same brother, here? About this high.." I trail off, holding up my hand, just a few inches above me. "Anger issues? Moonlights as a Narcissist with a God Complex..?" I ask. Hearing this, she furrows her brows. "I'm not talking about Nik, I'm talking about Elijah!" She says, almost instantly. Hearing this, I furrow my brows. "Elijah..?" I ask curiously. "Yes, Elijah. Now, where is he? He's not answering any of my calls." She asks impatiently. "I'm sorry, Rebekah, but I really have no idea." I say, shaking my head. "What do you mean, you have no idea? You're here, aren't you?" She asks. "Yeah, I'm here, but I came alone. I haven't seen Elijah in almost 8 months." I say honestly.

"He and Klaus have been here for 3 months now. You honestly didn't know?" She asks skeptically. Elijah...and Klaus..? Three months..? That means they arrived around the same time I did.. As I think that, I sigh to myself, shaking my head. "No...no, I didn't...if I had, do you honestly think I'd have stuck around?" I ask. "Perhaps if it were just Elijah, but with Nik also being here, I suppose not. But if what you say is true, why are you here, then?" She asks curiously, a glimmer of suspicion in her eyes. "Well, to make a long story short, nothing in particular, I was simply close by, and figured I'd see what the big deal was. But, when I got here, I ran into some guy named Marcel. After finding out I've been traveling from place to place non-stop, he invited me to stay in New Orleans. Said as long as I followed his rules, I could stay as long as I wanted." I explain with a shrug. "But, back to the original topic. You said Elijah was here, but he isn't answering your calls?" I ask. She nods. "That's right, I've called him several times and still no response. You and Elijah were close, perhaps you can manage to get ahold of him?" She asks. Hearing this, I widen my eyes slightly, and sigh. "I can try, but.." I trail off. He might not answer me, either.. "But, what?" She asks. I look over her expression carefully. Judging by her expression...she might not know about him and I yet.. Sighing, I shake my head. "...nevermind, give me a second.." I say, before pulling out my phone, and dialing his number.