16- It's Complicated

Elijah's P.O.V.

The next day..

"Absolutely not. I paid for that!" I hear Rebekah say as I walk down the stairs, while she watches the moving company take all of the furniture. "Please, you never paid for anything in your life." I retort. "I hardly see how that's relevant...Nik's just punishing us." She says, crossing her arms over her chest. Sighing, I nod, and button up my jacket. "Well, we've hurt him. Deeply, it would appear.." I say. "We believed the worst about him the one time in a million, when the worst wasn't actually the truth." She says. Nodding, I head towards my car. "Where do you think you're going?" She asks. Sighing, I stop, and turn towards her. "Raelyn called my phone, asking for help last night. It sounded urgent, so I am going there, to ensure that Raelyn and Hayley do not suffer for our mistakes. If Niklaus is feeling vindictive, we cannot trust that they are safe." I reply, before continuing on.

A few moments later..

As I enter the family mansion, I see Hayley being confronted by one of Marcel's men. "Going somewhere?" The man asks her. Just as she's about to reply, I quickly make my way to them, and slam him against the wall, knocking him unconscious, before tossing him away. "Elijah..!" Hayley says surprised. "You shouldn't be here, Klaus has his guys watching me." She warns. "Oh, I wouldn't worry about them.." is all I can say, before two other unconscious men are tossed to the ground behind her, as Rebekah walks out. Surprised, Hayley turns towards her. As she does, I look arpund, and speak. "Where is Raelyn? We mustn't linger here." I say. Just as I do, another voice cuts in. "It's not us you need to worry about.." Raelyn's voice finds my ears, catching my attention immediately, as she walks over to us. "It's Hayley's Pack who need help.." she adds. Hearing this, I step closer to them. "So, your call last night.." I trail off, looking to her. "Wasn't for Hayley and I...it was for them.." Raelyn finishes. Nodding at her words, I sigh.

"Look, I'm sorry for the Cryptic voicemail, Elijah, but

"Look, I'm sorry for the Cryptic voicemail, Elijah, but.." Raelyn trails off, looking between Rebekah and Hayley in worry. Sighing in defeat, shaking her head, she slowly meets my gaze, and speaks. "You're the...only one I could think of.." she says, averting her gaze as she finishes, rubbing the back of her neck. Hearing her words, I fall silent, as her words echo in my mind. As I do, I notice the look Rebekah gives as she looks from me to Raelyn, and back again. This is not the time to overanalyse her words.. Sighing I nod, and step forward. "Tell me what happened." I say. "He ordered a Wolf Hunt as some jacked-up Peace Offering to Marcel's Crew. You have to help them.." Hayley explains. "Out in the Bayou? Do we look like a bloody Vampire Rescue Squad? I think you should be grateful that we came to save the two of you." Rebekah says quietly. Nodding at Hayley's previous words, I once again look to Raelyn. Feeling my gaze, she looks to me, before giving me a pleading look.