1- New Orleans

It had been 4 and a half months since I left to clear my head. True to my promise, I stayed away from Mystic Falls and Klaus. For a while, I traveled from place to place, never staying in a city too long. In that time, I soon found myself in New Orleans. Although I knew I wasn't planning to be here for long, I decide to stay for a few days. So, as I'm making my way through town, the sound of upbeat Jazz music catches my attention, making me turn to my left. Seeing a large crowd of people, I slowly make my way towards them, before weaving through the crowd, so I can see why they're all gathered. The moment I do, I notice what seemed like a parade of sorts cruising up the middle of the street. Although unsure of what the parade-like performance was for, I take out my phone and snap a few pictures of them. As I do, I notice a young couple across the street, holding eachother close, as they watch the performance. Seeing their happy faces, I'm struck with a faint hint of loneliness, right before an image of someone rises into my mind. I wonder how He's doing.. Sighing quietly, I quickly push my thoughts aside, before continuing to watch the performance, until it passes by. Once the show is over, I check the time. If I'm going to be staying here for a few days, I better find a place.. With that thought, I weave my way out of the crowd.

Later that night..

As I'm exiting yet another hotel, I sigh

As I'm exiting yet another hotel, I sigh. Well, so much for finding a room...everyone's booked...guess that's what I get for coming to a popular place like this.. As I think that, I make my way down the sidewalk. But, as I'm passing by an alleyway, I hear what sounds like someone getting smacked, before a woman cries out. This catches my attention quickly, making me stop, and slowly turn my head towards the noise. There, I see two men swaying drunkenly, cornering a young woman, who was cowering away from them. Seeing this, I narrow my eyes in annoyance, before heading towards them. "Cornering a helpless woman in a dark alleyway, don't you think that's a little outdated?" I ask, coming to a stop just a few steps away from them. Hearing my words, the two boys look towards me. "What's it to ya..?" One of them say, stepping towards me. The rancid smell of alcohol on his breath, makes me scrunch up my nose in distaste. "Ugh, someone needs a mint...or twelve.." I say, fanning the smell away with my hand. Seeing I had them distracted, the woman quickly shoves past them, before hiding behind me for safety, clutching at my arm in fear.

Glancing at her over my shoulder, I observe her face, before narrowing my eyes, and freeing my arm from her grasp. "Hey, who do you think you are?" One of the boys ask angrily, quickly stepping towards me, and attempting to grab me. Taking a casual step back, I watch as the guy stumbles forward, before grabbing the closest wall, to steady himself. "Someone you're in no condition to fight at the moment." I reply, before looking towards the other boy. "Neither of you are. So, why don't you do yourselves a favor, and Save Yourselves The Embarrassment." I say. Although angry still, the two men curse under their breaths, and leave the alleyway behind. The girl flinches and moves closer to me, cowering against my back, as they walk past her. Once they were gone, she let's out a sigh of relief. "Thank you so much..!" she says, attempting to hug me. However, the moment she does, I spin around on my heels, grab her by the neck, and pin her against the wall closest to me. "Nice try, but we both know you're not the victim here." I say, glaring at her menacingly, as my Vampiric eyes show. Surprised, she stares at my face wide eyed, before letting out a strangled laugh. "Well damn, here I thought you were just another tourist with a bleeding heart.." she says, before tapping her hand against mine, signifying she wanted me to release her.