9- The Call

Elijah's P.O.V.

An hour later..

I follow Hayley back to the run-down cabin she was previously held captive in. Since she knew Tyler wouldn't be there anymore, she decided to return. However, as we reach the cabin, Hayley stops in her tracks, looking forward with a glare. Stopping next to her, I watch as Klaus closes the cabin door, and turns to us. "There you are, I see you've found our wandering stray. Perhaps she can shed some light on the situation." Klaus says, before kicking the body that lay next to him. "This...would appear to be the body of a Hybrid." He adds. "His name was Dwayne." Hayley says. "Well, whoever he was, I didn't Sire him...any idea how that's possible..?" He asks. Hearing this, Hayley narrows her eyes, taking a step towards Klaus, making me quickly stop her from going further. "As if you didn't know.." Hayley says. Sighing, I put myself between them. Seeing this, Klaus smirks. "Well aren't you two fast friends...come on then. What horrible accusation have you conspired to levy against me?" Klaus asks. "Tyler Lockwood brought Hayley here to test a theory.." I speak. "A theory that the blood of her child could be used to Sire Hybrids. He claims you knew that." I continue.

"Furthermore, you intended to use this knowledge to build an army." I finish. Hearing this, I catch a glimpse of something in his eyes, but it's gone as quick as it came. "And of course, you assume it's true. I mean, why else would I show any interest in my own flesh and blood..?" Klaus asks. "A heartbroken cry baby points his finger at me, and my own brother falls in line, eager to believe it.." he continues. "How quickly you assume the worst from me." He says. "Oh spare me your indignation. When have you ever demonstrated any kind of concern towards Hayley or her child, beyond your selfish pursuits? And what was it you said to me? Oh yes, 'every king needs an heir..'" I say mockingly. Klaus is silent for a few moments, before finally speaking. "My big brother, so you doubt my intentions...well, I can't say I'm surprised. Standing beside the 'Noble Elijah' how can I be anything but the lesser brother...a liar, a manipulator, a bastard.." he says, before walking towards me.

"That's all I am to you, isn't it? To Rebekah, too

"That's all I am to you, isn't it? To Rebekah, too...and judging by Hayley's expression, it's clear she feels the same way. No doubt my child will feel the same as well.." Klaus says. Hearing his tone of voice, I find myself doubting the accusation I've thrown at him. "Brother, if I ha--" he cuts me off by grabbing my jacket firmly. "We have said...all that needs to be said, brother.." Klaus says, before releasing me, putting his hands up in surrender, before backing up with a smirk. "Very well...I'll play the role I've been given.." is the last thing he says, before using his Vampiric Speed to pull me in, and bite the side of my neck. I howl in pain immediately. The moment he lets me go, I fall to my hands and knees, already feeling the Werewolf venom burning through my veins. Hayley's eyes widen, making her cover her mouth in concern, before she grabs ahold of my shoulder in worry. Seeing this, Klaus steps away, wiping my blood from his bottom lip. "You two enjoy yourselves. I'm sure you'll have much to bond over, once the hallucinations and dementia set in.." is all he says, before walking away with a smirk. Standing once more, I put pressure on the bite wound, before looking to Hayley.