12- Eve

Snapping out of his surprise, he speaks. "Raelyn.." he says, trailing off, as he looks around. "I'm sorry...I thought you were someone else.." he says quietly. "You...thought I was Celeste.." I say quietly, not bothering to ask. Sighing, he nods, and speaks. "Yes.." he says, making pain jolt through my chest. "Well...whoever she is, she seems very.." I trail off. Naked.. "Nice.." I say, averting my gaze awkwardly. Furrowing his brow, he speaks. "How..? Did I let you into my thoughts..?" He asks concerned. Sighing, I hesitantly nod my head. Seeing this, his eyes widen, and he sighs, before slowly sitting up. "Raelyn, I.." Unfortunately, when he tries to speak, he's thrown into another coughing fit. Hearing his painful coughing, I shake my head, as if saying 'not to worry about it', and gently rub his back. "It's fine, Elijah.." I say quietly, not wanting him to worry himself. Besides...before I left, I told him that if he found someone else...I wouldn't stand in his way.. Narrowing my eyes in sadness, I avert my gaze. After recovering, he sees my expression, and shakes his head, turning towards me. "No...it is not what you think...Raelyn, I swear to you.." he says worriedly, placing his hands on my shoulders. Sighing, I shake my head, and speak. "You don't need to explain, Elijah, really.." I say quietly. We're...not together...he has no reason to tell me anything..

"I want to.." he says in determination. Seeing the look on his face, I sigh in defeat, and nod. "Alright...you win, if you really want to, then...I won't stop you, but, please...at least lay back down first...you shouldn't be up right now.." I say. Sighing, he nods, and slowly lays back down. Once settled, I place the cloth on his forehead again. "The woman you saw...her name was Celeste Dubois...she was a Witch I had fallen for during the 19th century.." he explains, making my eyes widen. 19th...century..? But...wouldn't that be.. I trail out of my thoughts, doing the math. Once I do, my eyes widen in realization. "...Oh.." I say. "Then...those images I saw, were.." I trail off. "They were from a very long time ago, yes.." he explains quietly. "I'm sorry you had to see them...unfortunately, at the moment, I have no control over myself, and because of that...this fever has flooded my mind with these torturous memories...perhaps you should be with Hayley.." he says, attempting to give me a way out. Sighing, I shake my head, and speak. "I'm not going anywhere." I say gently.

"Besides, you're just hallucinating about your Ex. It's not the end of the world. I'm staying...Naked Ex or not." I say. Hearing this, he sighs with a nod, before reaching up towards me with his free hand. He's about to gently cup my cheek, when the door opens. Hearing this, my eyes widen, before I quickly look in that direction, seeing Hayley holding the fresh bowl of water. She looked between us silently. Seeing her standing there, Elijah sighs quietly, before lowering his hand once more. "Hayley...uh, welcome back. Everything okay..?" I greet awkwardly. "Yeah, sorry it took so long, the pump was acting up." She explains, walking into the room, and setting the bowl down on the nightstand. "How's he doing?" She asks, nodding towards Elijah, before taking a seat. "He...had another episode, but he's back." I say with a nod. "For now.." he adds.

"Which is why you need to rest. If we're lucky, you might be able to sleep off the worst of it." I say quietly. "Besides, you won't be missing anything here, it's just us three." Hayley says. "Don't worry, I'll make sure Hayley and the baby are safe and fed. You just focus on recovering, alright..?" I ask. He's silent for a while, before sighing in defeat, and nodding. "Very well...however, Raelyn...I have a request.." he trails off. "Hm?" I ask. "Should the worst happen, and my condition stops me from being able to recognize either of you.." he trails off. Knowing what he was getting at, I sigh, and nod. "I'll take care of it, I promise." I say with a nod, knowing what I'd most likely have to do. Nodding towards me, he sighs in relief, and gives a small, thankful smile, before finally settling in, and closing his eyes. I just hope it won't come to that...temporary or not...I don't wanna hurt him.. With that thought, I sigh, and look out the small window near me.