P R O L O G U E

A Knock in the Heart
Prologue
***

It was the beginning of a weekend for the Cabello-Jauregui residency, Camila had informed Lauren of a family get together in Camila's parents house a week before. She knew if she didn't inform Lauren in advance she would probably say she had to work.

"Lauren, can you hurry up, we are already late. I bet everyone is already there" Camila tells her, somewhat annoyed but excited at the same time, excited to get out of the house for a change.

"Jeez calm down, I'm almost done. I just got out of work." Lauren tells her rolling her eyes at her wife.

"You knew about my family getting together, you should have gotten here earlier" Camila tells her as Lauren walks towards the front door where Camila is waiting for her.

"I don't want to argue, I'm done so let's go" Lauren tells her as she grabs her car keys with Camila following her behind to the car.

The girls arrived at Camila's parents house to find a lot of cars already there. They get out of the car and make their way inside, each girl goes their own way and says hi to everyone with smiles on their faces.

Lauren is the first one to reach Camila's parents, she hugs them as she hasn't seen them in a few days.

"Hola mija, how have you been?" Sinu asks her, smiling at her as Alejandro stands next to her. "I have been really good, with a lot of work but good" says Lauren looking at them as Camila walks towards them observing how their parents interact with her wife.

"Hola mami, hola papi" Camila says from behind Lauren who turns a little to her side to look at her wife. Camila hugs both of her parents and stands next to Lauren.

"You guys took your time to get here" says Alejandro chuckling at them, Camila turns to look at Lauren who chuckles. "I know but Lauren just got out of work, you know how that could be" Camila tells them and they nod. Lauren turns to look at her wife, her smile disappearing from her face.

"Well the food is ready, you guys go ahead." says Sinu, Camila's parents not noticing the tension between her daughter and wife. Sinu and Alejandro leave them alone as they go to talk to some family members.

"Did you really have to tell them that?" Lauren asks her somewhat upset for her wife's attitude. "Well I'm saying the truth aren't I?" Camila retorts tilting her head a little. Just as Lauren was about to answer her wife, someone interrupted them.

"Kaki" says Sofi hugging her sister from behind wrapping her arms around Camila's waist. "Hey Sofi" Camila says, putting up a smile for her sister as she turns around to look at her. "I'll let you guys be, I'll go check the food" says Lauren leaving without saying hi to Sofi who frowns at that.

"Is she okay?" asks the thirteen year old to her big sister. Camila gives her a half smile before answering her. "Yeah it's just work, don't worry about it" "Okay" says Sofi before going into conversation to her sister about what's going on in her life.

Everything was going good, Lauren talking to some of Camila's family members while Camila talked to her cousins. "Mila I can't get over how good you guys look so good together" says her cousin. "Thank you" says Camila with a half smile. "I know right, talk about power couple" says another one of her cousins. "When I get married I want to be like you guys, as happy as you guys" another one says. "If you guys only knew" thinks Camila as her cousins continue talking about them.

Camila turns to look at her wife as she laughs at something one of her uncles is telling Lauren, just by looking at her her heart begins to beat faster. She couldn't deny that they have grown apart because of their jobs but her love for her wife is still there at least on her side.

***

AN: So I know I vanished but I'm back, if your are a new reader welcome. If you knew my story from my other profile(A8R17D, deleted), thank you for coming back and giving me a chance once again.