N I N E

It's been a few hard days in the Cabello-Jauregui home. Camila has officially moved to the guest room along with some of her personal belongings.

It's been a few days since Lauren told her wife about what happened on that awful trip. The tension between the two girls has been high, Camila can't be in the same room as her wife.

Lauren is in the kitchen grabbing a snack, taking a little break before going back to working on her study. She looks towards the living room as she stands on the kitchen's archway, Camila is in there with Ariel teaching her some words using flashcards.

Lauren sighs and makes her way back to her study, Camila looks up when she sees Lauren from the corner of her eye walking away.

"Milk" Camila says, focusing, showing her a flashcard with a drawing of a gallon of milk. She repeats the word again but Ariel just looks at her. Camila grabs Ariel's cup and says Milk, showing her cup. "Milk" says Ariel clapping her hands before grabbing her cap.

Camila knew by now Ariel is tired and she isn't going to focus anymore. She's about to say something when the doorbell rings, she frowns as she wasn't expecting anyone.

"Go play with your toys" Ariel runs towards them and Camila gets up from the floor, setting the flashcards on the coffee table. The doorbell rings once again and she hurries towards the front door. She opens it to reveal the social worker, Shana giving her a smile.

"Hello Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui, how are you doing? I'm sorry for the unexpected visit" says Shana apologetically as Camila opens the door wider for her to come in. "Oh don't worry about it, I wasn't planning on going out and please call me Camila" Camila closes the door behind her, locking it for Ariel's safety before they make their way to the living room.

"Excuse the mess" Camila says, in the living room is Ariel playing. "Don't worry, I know how kids are" The social worker takes a seat and observes Ariel, she could see there is a difference between the little girl she met a couple of days ago and now.

"Let me get my wife" Camila says, forcing a smile at this.

"Lauren! Come here for a second" Camila calls for her wife, then looks back at the social worker.

Meanwhile, Lauren is in her study working on some painting she got inspired by. She hears Camila calling for her and she stops what she's doing, she finds it weird Camila is actually talking to her.

Lauren cleans her hands on her white t-shirt she always uses to paint. She brushes away some hair that falls on her face causing some paint to smear on her forehead without her noticing.

She walks out of her study, closing the door and makes her way over to Camila, guessing she's still in the living room. "Do you need something?" asks Lauren, when she walks in she notices the social worker there. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm working on something." says Lauren feeling self-conscious of her image, a painted t-shirt along with her hands and a messy bun.

"Don't worry about it" Shana says, Lauren nods and moves closer to Camila. She takes a seat next to her wife and Camila scoots over a bit wanting some distance from her, which doesn't go unnoticed by Lauren.

"How is your day going?" asks Lauren while resting her hand on Camila's knee, she squirms but knows she can't do anything.

Shana is surprised to see Lauren so talkative as the other times she has seen her she almost didn't speak at all. "Busy, I was actually around the neighborhood and thought why not pay you guys a visit instead of waiting." Camila nods, trying to ignore Lauren's touch, feeling it burning on her knee.

The girls are in a conversation with the social worker when little Ariel comes running to Camila interrupting them. "Blue" she says, showing Camila the blue wooden triangle on her left hand. " 'ed" she says now, showing her the one in her right hand.