21. You're everything

Ellie's POV:

Matt takes my hands in his. I watch him as he takes a deep breath and closes his eyes.
When he finally opens his eyes he looks back at me.

"I love you, Els. You're more than just my best friend. You're everything."

In that moment it feels as if the world has stopped. I must be dreaming. Did he really just say what I think he did?

Tears fill my eyes as I answer. "I love you too, Matt." He lets out a small laugh, a sound of relief. I place my hands on the side of his face. "I've loved you since we were kids." I laugh tearfully.

He looks at me with a surprised expression. "If I would have known that I would have told you years ago." He leans his forehead against mine. I close my eyes. my hands trail down to his chest. His heart is racing just the same as mine.

He lifts his head from mine to look at me.
He rests his hands on my face, gently rubbing his thumb across my cheek.

"Can I kiss you?" He says.

"Please," I reply.

And just like that, His lips are on mine.
My body melts into his. The world around me disappears and it's just me and him, in this moment. I could stay here forever. I don't ever want this to end. 

It's the first kiss, it's flawless, really something, it's fearless

.