Chapter 18. Psychological individuality

What we are exploring: What is psychological personality?

What's new: What prevents you from becoming an individual?

What we will learn: How is it possible to control your destiny?

1. Whatever complete knowledge of the personality [individual, ed., author] we may have in the future, this view necessarily implies that individuals cannot be known by science (in this case, the science of psychology, which deals with people) (Kjell L., Ziegler D. 2008) [1].

2. Psychological identity. All people are born, grow, and develop in one culture or another, which shapes them through its social institutions: family, politics, media, education, economics, science, various public associations, art, national traditions, and many other ways. This is identical for all citizens belonging to any state. Such identity is necessary in any social order so that people can cooperate or be one team to interact effectively. Effective interaction in any society is possible only if there is something common in each person that can unite them for some kind of joint activity. How is it possible to unite what is identical in every person?

3. Identity shapes personality. Such unification is possible subject to psychological identity in culture, politics, morality, laws, education, science, economics (production activity), etc. For this, a person receives upbringing and education. In the process of his interaction with various forms of social and industrial relationships, a person becomes a person. Personality reflects his external behavior - psychological identity. What is psychological individuality?

4. What is psychological individuality? This question remains insoluble for Western culture - "individuals cannot be known by science (in this case, the science of psychology, which deals with people)" [1]. Since Western society is based on science, it is not surprising that it does not know what psychological individuality is (fr. 12.5). Sociologist Zygmunt Bauman recognizes the inability of a person to be an individual, despite the right given to him by Western society become an individual (fr. 14.2). But is it worth blaming a person who was raised by the same society for this? For the answer, let's turn to experts in personality theory. Since their activities are paid for by us as taxpayers, they are obliged to give us an answer as to why an individual cannot exercise his right to become an individual.

 Since their activities are paid for by us as taxpayers, they are obliged to give us an answer as to why an individual cannot exercise his right to become an individual

5. What prevents you from becoming an individual? At the very beginning of their book, Associate Professor of Psychology Larry A. Kjell and Professor of Psychology Daniel J. Ziegler point out that human nature is a mystery to scientists:

• "In what various directions have the searches been conducted, what many concepts have been put forward, but a clear and precise answer still eludes us" (author's italics) (Kjell L., Ziegler D. 2008) [1].

So, two experts in personality psychology admit that the psychological research of many scientists is untenable in determining the essence of man, since "a clear and precise answer still eludes us." What then can be expected from people completely unfamiliar with research in personality psychology? However, how do these experts explain the reasons for the failure of their searches and the failure of many concepts in understanding psychological individuality?