17. Chapter Ultron

I'm drunk with tiredness, 

Bedridden with anxiety.

 Eyes that stare, but do not care.

Theia's POV

Moments later, we found ourselves in the lab, studying the wreckage of the defeated robots sprawled across the table. Dr. Banner's voice cut through the somber atmosphere. "All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out," he remarked, his gaze fixed on the computer screen before him.

"How could he just leave?" I voiced my confusion, turning to face Dr. Banner. His response was swift. "He used the internet as an escape hatch," he explained, prompting me to silently form an 'O' with my mouth and whispered an ok as I absorbed the information.

"Ultron," Captain America murmured, shaking his head in disbelief. "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other," Natasha added, her arms crossed as she paced around the whole room.

A sense of unease settled over me as I contemplated the extent of Ultron's infiltration. "Wait, there can't be that much information, can there?" I questioned, furrowing my brows in skepticism. Natasha arched an eyebrow in response. "You would be surprised what's out there on the internet, if you dig deep enough." she replied, leaving me to wonder what everything I could find about myself if I could access everything.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey interjected, his tone laden with concern as he emphasized the word 'exciting'.

My eyes widened in realization. "Wait, you mean the nuclear codes?" I exclaimed, confused and stunned by the entire situation.

Rhodey nodded solemnly. "Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can," he remarked, his voice tinged with urgency.

My mind drifted momentarily until my attention snapped back to the present when an orange hologram appeared in the center of the room. It appeared to be broken maybe destroyed?

Dr. Banner approached the hologram, muttering a perplexed "what" under his breath. I turned to Tony, seeking answers. "Um... Wha...What is that?" I inquired, but my question went unanswered amidst the chaos.

"This is insane," Dr. Banner exclaimed, his arms outstretched as he continued to study the hologram. "Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense," Cap reasoned aloud looking at the ground with his arms crossed and sad expression on his face. This left me momentarily speechless.

"No, Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is... rage," Dr. Banner concluded, his words spiked with confusion and a bit of sadness leaving me even more confused.