Chapter Three

"She's taken."

Cara and Anakin stood in the living room outside padmes room when Obi-Wan walked in. "Captain Typo has more than enough men downstairs. No assassin would try that way. Any activity up here?" Obi-wan asked.

"Quiet as a tomb." Anakin replied.

"Maybe Someone should be in there for protection. Something could happen." Cara stressed.

"I'll go." Anakin replied almost instantly earning a stern look from Obi-Wan.

"No, no. She'll be fine. The senator can handle herself." Obi-wan said brushing it off.

"I don't like just waiting here for something to happen." Anakin said.

"Quit whining lover boy." Cara said leaning against the wall.

Anakin gave her a look but she just shrugged before they heard a beeping sound.

"What's going on?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Ah, she covered the cameras. I don't think she liked me watching her." Anakin said.

"Well I don't know who would." Cara muttered getting off the wall and following Obi-Wan.

"What is she thinking." Obi-wan asked.

"She programmed artoo to warn us if there is an intruder." Anakin responded.

"There are many other ways to kill senator." Obi-wan said.

"I know. But we also want to catch this assassin, don't we Master?" Anakin asked.

And look of realization flashed over Obi-Wans face as he walked closer to Cara and Anakin.

"Your using her as bait." He realised.

"It was her idea." Anakin defended himself and looking down.

"Don't worry, no harm will come to her. I can sense everything that goes on in that room. Trust me." Anakin said.

"It's too risky. Besides your senses aren't that attuned my young apprentice." Obi-Wan said causing Cara to stifle a laugh that ended with a cough as she looked around trying to avoid Anakins glare.

"And yours are?" Anakin asked questioning his master.

"Possibly." Obi-Wan responded.

~•~

A few hours went by and Cara had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room as Anakin stood on the balcony looking out at the night sky, with Obi-Wan watching him.

"You look tired." Obi-Wan said.

"I don't sleep well anymore." Anakin admitted to his master.

"Because of your mother?" Obi asked.

Anakin simply nodded before looking down "I don't know why I keep dreaming about her." He said sorrowly.

"Dreams pass in time." Obi-Wan comforted

"I'd much rather dream about Cara. Being around her again is... intoxicating." Anakin admitted as they walked into the living room and saw Cara's body sleeping peacefully on the couch. Anakin thought she looked almost Angelic when she slept, so peaceful, so beautiful.

"Be mindful of your thoughts Anakin. They betray you. You've made a commitment to the Jedi order. A commitment not easily broken. And don't forget she's a Jedi and a Princess. She's made a commitment too." Obi-Wan warned his young apprentice.

"Yes master." Anakin said quietly. He knew if he went any further he would risk getting another lecture.

"Be careful of your thoughts Anakin." Obi warned again.