Chapter six

"I'm sorry."

After a few days in Naboo Padme had convinced Cara to ditch the Jedi robes for once in her life and borrow a few dress. It was a "late birthday present." As she called it, and Cara reluctantly agreed. She knew she couldn't fight Padme on this. She'd never stop begging.

And so Cara had changed from her usual dark Jedi robes to a new yellow flowy dress with a halter top. And Padme had curled her hair and pinned half of it back while leaving a few strands in the front as they talked that morning. Padme loved dressing Cara up and doing her hair while they talked. It was like they were really sisters. And they practically were, with how much they saw each other growing up.

But now Cara sat in the fields of the lake country next to Anakin. They found it to be so serene and peaceful out here and the view was so beautiful nothing compared to it. Except for Cara of course, Anakin thought.

"So what was Alderaan like?" He asked and her face immediately lit up.

"It was a beautiful planet. Oh my goodness you would love it there. The city is such a spectacular view. Other than Naboo it's one of the most beautiful and peaceful planets ever." Cara said as she smiled remembering her home.

"It's full of trees and lakes. And very little sand." She said chuckling at the last part, while noting Anakin's distaste of sand.

And he laughed as well recognizing the joke but, he realised he had never heard a sound quite as beautiful as her laugh. It was the most precious thing he'd ever heard and he could listen to it forever.

"Maybe someday you can go back there. I'll take you there one day." Anakin smiled at her and she started to get butterflies with the way he was looking at her. The way he looked at her, he held so much love in his eyes. And she'd never had anyone say such a thing to her before, anyone try to get to know her so well before. And she didn't know what this feeling she was having was but she knew she probably shouldn't be having it.

"What's your favorite Color?" Anakin asked suddenly switching the topic and snapping her back to reality.

"Yellow, not necessarily like my lightsaber. But like the sunrise and sunset." Cara said smiling. And oh how Anakin loved that smile, that and her laugh. He could stare at it all day if he could.

"What about you?" She asked looking into his eyes.

"Green, like the trees. We never had trees on Tatooine when I was growing up. So sometimes I like to sit in the courtyard and " He said making her laugh. And he wasn't lying, green was his favorite color and he did love the greenery of the trees. But right now, the main reason that he loved green and that he had started loving it even more since the moment he met her was because green was the color of her eyes. And ever since he had met her and seen her eyes he just knew he loved that color even more.

And he'd never seen her in anything other than Jedi robes before but now that he had, he couldn't take his eyes off of her. She was practically glowing with the way her dress complimented her hair and brought out her tan skin. And with how it made her green eyes pop.

But as she continued softly laughing he decided they had been sitting long enough. "Come on!" He yelled as he stood up and grabbed her hand, pulling her down the hill. And she had to grab her dress to keep herself from tripping on it though as they ran down the hill.

"Anakin, where are we going?" She laughed as his hand pulled her down the hill with him and towards an unsuspecting Shaak.

Once they had gotten close enough to the Shaak Anakin stopped and turned to her "shh!" He whispered as he let go of her hand and she found herself missing his touch. But she watched as he snuck up behind the shaak before jumping onto it. It shocked the animal forcing it to do exactly what he wanted and it started running around with him on top it.