Chapter thirteen

"Just try not to make it a competition. Please take this seriously and don't embarrass us."

There was something so calming about being in the woods and surrounded by nature to Cara, even back on coruscant when she needed a moment to think she much preferred to meditate in the temples Garden than her own quarters. Being in nature just brought the most calming sense to her spirit as she sat in a clearing in the middle of the woods near the palace on Alderaan. She could feel the whisteling breeze sweep her hair past her face and tickle her noise as she closed her eyes and calmed her mind. And her body relaxed as she let herself feel the earth around her.

She had a lot to think about with all the recent events that had been happening and she wouldn't have a moment like this to herself for a while once she went back to coruscant. Which was supposed to be soon since she was all healed and perfectly healthy now. But she hated the idea of leaving, if it was up to her she would live out the rest of her life with Anakin here. But she knew that could never happen. One of them was destined for greatness and the other couldn't hold them back.

But as she sat and let her mind think clearly through her thoughts her mind wandered down to the diamond encrusted ring wrapped around her finger. She hadn't been expecting for Anakin to propose, but she wasn't suprised, he was not one to hold back his emotions. And if he felt like doing something whether it was right or wrong, he would do it. It was one quality about him that she both admired and feared.

But as she opened her eyes and looked down at her hand she started fidgeting with her ring as she twisted it around and around her finger.

When she had told her parents they were delighted to find out their daughter was getting married and her mother had immediately started planning the secret wedding, but just like a typical bride she wondered if this was the right decision. Now, there was no doubt in her mind that she loved Anakin but Marriage was something else entirely and if anyone besides her parents or Padme ever found out they would be in a world of trouble.

How on earth would they keep this secret? Especially when they are constantly under a microscope as everyone wants to know who will fulfill the prophecy.

And sadly she could never change her last name, she would always be Cara Organa to everyone else and only a Skywalker in secret. And that pained her to know, she couldn't even tell her own master without being expelled from the order.

But maybe one day after the war was over, they could leave the order and come back to Alderaan and have their own family. For now they only had each other and a promise. And that was going to be enough for her.

                                           ~•~

Cara and Anakin stood on the steps in front of the decorated palace as the officiant Breha found on such short notice began reading off his speech. But the pair weren't listening to a word he said as they stared lovingly into each others eyes.

Anakin thought she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, in her white dress. And this was instantly the happiest day of his life. And as the sun set behind them it just added to gorgeous scenery of Alderaan, and for once everything was perfect. Just for this moment they could be with each other openly as they made a promise to each other surrounded by loving family.

"Anakin, your Vows." The officiant said gesturing to him breaking their eye contact and Anakin out of his trance of memorizing every aspect of her face as if it was going to be taken away from him.

"Oh, right." He said looking at the officiant before taking her hands in his and starting his vows.

"Cara, from the moment we met I knew you were it for me. And I'm glad we found each other after seven years. And I don't know if I believe in destiny but i know I believe in soulmates because I met you. And I love you because you bring out the best in everyone you meet, especially me." He said as she felt her throat tighten up, how was she supposed to follow that. And she laughed as she looked behind her to see her father tearing up as 3PO asked him why.