Chapter eleven

"Pathetic."

The transport arrived at the hanger and Cara knew that Anakin and Obi-Wan were still alive. She could feel their presence. But she also knew he was tired and she felt his pain. But then it she felt all the real pain as she clutched her arm. Nothing had happened to it but she could feel his anger and pain. And she knew she needed to get in there now.

She ran down the hallway and into the opening of a round room where Anakin and Obi-Wan lay frowning on the floor in pain and suddenly she realised what the pain she had felt from him was. Dooku had cut his hand off.

"Anakin!" Cara yelled running into the room. Dooku turned around noticing her and practically rolled his eyes at the young Padawan. He wasn't exhausted but he was getting tired of them. Did they just keep coming? He had places to be.

"Foolish girl." Dooku said swinging around his lightsaber in his hand as she rushed over to Anakin kneeling down beside him checking for any other wounds.

"Go." He groaned clutching what was left of his arm as she turned around to face Dooku. The lightsaber in her Hand ignited as she looked at him with anger evident on her face as she rose to her feet.

"Ah, Miss Organa. I know you. I know your father, I was very sad to hear when you joined the Jedi order. Such a disappointment." Dooku said as she walked towards him and they began to circle each other.

"Well someone had to make up for your leave of absence. And what? Would you rather me have ended up like you?" She asked twirling her own lightsaber and looking him up and down.

"Your Master Plo's Apprentice aren't you? Well I'm sure he'll be very sad when I inform him of your death." Dooku said shooting his hand out at her and shooting blue lighting as it sent jolts of electricity through her body.

She screamed in pain as she dropped to her knees. Her body was already exaushted. And she needed severe medical attention from the cuts on her back. And if something didn't change soon or reinforcements didn't get here she wasn't sure she would be walking out alive.

"Pathetic." Dooku said pushing her away causing her back to hit the wall as she slumped to the ground.

Cara layed there for a second groaning as she just let the pain sink in. And she looked up as Dooku started walking towards Anakin and Obi-Wan holding his lightsaber above his head ready to strike.

"NO!" She screamed reaching her hand out and pushing Dooku against the wall with her remaining strength as his saber fell out of his hands and he groaned grabbing his shoulder in pain.

"At least-." She started as she pushed herself up and off the ground shaking.

"At least if I die. I'll have people who mourn me. And people who care." She said standing up clutching her side before standing up straight and looking at Anakin's body.

Dooku watched her line of eyesight before the realisation came to him and he walked towards the girl again "Ah, you care for him. Don't you?" He said with a knowing smile as they began to circle each other again.

"None of your business." She said rotating her lightsaber in her hands again.

"Then you shall die together." Dooku said reaching his hand out again shooting lighting at her. But this time she was prepared and blocked his hit with her lightsaber as the yellow absorbed the blue.

Dooku's face dropped slightly at the site, he had not been expecting her to block his attack this time.
"Why don't you fight me like a real swordsman?" She smirked before turning around swinging her lightsaber over her head before clashing it with his. And they entered a series of blocks and attacks before she got a hit in and gave him a nice gash on his leg in the same spot he had hit Obi-Wan.

"Just returning the favor for you." She winked at him while shrugging with a smile on her face.

"Your Master would not be pleased with your arrogance." Dooku said striking again, but she blocked it as he pushed his lightsaber near her throat almost touching and burning her skin. But she pushed him off and jumped back.

"Maybe. But he'd be pretty proud that you're losing to a Padawan." She shrugged with a smile. She was having fun with this, she felt powerful. It was rare for a Padawan to last this long against a Sith Lord without getting killed and she felt proud of herself.

"Your confidence betrays you." He said as he pulled a vent down from the wall and pushed it towards her with the force. She screamed as she ducked it nearly getting crushed and rolling away.

"And your idiocy betrays you." She said running at him and clashing her lightsaber against his. And she could sense his growing annoyance and tiredness and she knew he could feel hers. She wasn't sure where this sudden surge of power and energy had come from but she felt better. Other than the searing pain in her back.

"For a padawan, you fight bravely. But you could be so much more." Dooku said as they pushed their lightsabers against one another's while turning around.

"And what? Give in to my anger and become old and bitter like you?" You yelled as she jumped over him.

"You are merely a child, you have fought bravely. But now it is time for you to meet your end. I'll tell be sure to tell your father you fought valiantly in the end." Dooku said as he turned around and lifted her up with one hand inching his fingers close together. And Cara's lightsaber fell out of her hand as her feet left the ground and she felt her windpipes closing in on one another.

Her hands because clawing at her throat as the lack of oxygen started to get to her and Dooku's face broke into an evil grin.

"I'm disappointed. You have so much potential. It's too bad you waste it!" He yelled pushing his hand back and sending her flying into the wall behind her knocking the wind out of her as she inhaled a sharp breath and fell to the ground.