Chapter eighteen

"Old sins cast long shadows."

"I was hoping I'd never have to lay eyes on this dust ball again." Anakin said as theirship zoomed towards Tatooine.

"Okay... what happened?" Ahsoka questioned.

"I don't want to talk about it." Anakin replied.

"How's Stinky holding up?" Cara asked trying to change the subject.

"He seems to be feeling much better. His fevers gone. And even you have to admit he's kinda cute when he's asleep, master." Ashoka smiled looking back at the tiny Hutt.

"I admit I like him when he's quiet, but only a little." Anakin said switching up the controls.

"No Artoo, I want the cannon operational first. Leave the rear deflector shields for later." Anakin said as the droid came beeping up to them.

"No rear shields?" Cara asked him with a raised brow.

"That's awful risky, Master. Ashoka added.

"A strong attack eliminates the need for defense." Anakin said confidently, when the scanners started beeping and Cara noticed two attack ships pop up.

"Attack ships closing." Ahsoka said.

"Hope you have that strong attack ready Anakin." Cara said.

"Somebody doesn't want Stinky to get home in one piece." Anakin said just before the ship got hit and the alarms went off.

"Wow! Quite a welcome home party!" Ahsoka said.

"I don't think they want us getting home in one piece either!" Cara said steering the ship up.

"Set the approach vector and make ready to land. Ahsoka activate the guns!" Anakin yelled at Artoo and his Padawan.

"All the guns are locked in the forward position. It's too bad you decided not to repair the rear deflector shields." Ahsoka smiled, knowing she was right all along.

"Not now, Ahsoka!" Anakin groaned.

"Artoo! See if you can unlock those guns!" Cara instructed the droid.

"Sometimes a good defense is the best offense." Ahsoka mocked.

"Why don't you go secure your little Hutlet friend?" Anakin groaned.

"None of us are secure with you flying!" Ahsoka said getting up to check on Stinky.

"Hang on, back there!" Anakin said veering the ship up and down to try and avoid the blasts when the baby started crying.

"Great! You woke the baby!" Cara groaned as she took over and steered them away.

"I'm a little busy here!" Anakin said, taking over the guns and firing away at the attack ships and getting a hit on one.

"Got one of them!" He said.

"What about the other one?" Cara asked.

"One thing at a time." He said, barely glancing at her as the second attack ship shot their rear deflector shields mechanizm.

"I think we needed those rear shields after all." Anakin said steering them away and taking the controls away from Cara.

"I told you so!" Ahsoka said as she slid across the floor as a result of Anakin's flying.

"What are you doing?" Cara yelled.

"I'm flying!" Anakin yelled back at her.

"No you're trying to kill us!" Cara said pushing down on the controls.