Chapter four

"Happy birthday."

Cara, Anakin, and Obi-Wan stood in the room of the Jedi council members as they reported back what happened the night before.

"Track down this bounty hunter you must, Obi-Wan." Master Yoda instructed.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for." Master windu added, looking at the tiny green alien.

"What about senator Amidala? She will still need protecting." Obi-Wan asked.

"Handle that your padawan and Master Plo's will." Yoda answered.

"Anakin, Cara, escort the Senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there. And don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees." Master Windu instructed.

Cara nodded but Anakin could not make it easy for them.

"As the leader of the opposition it will be very difficult, to get senator Amidala to leave the capital." Anakin protested.

"Until caught this killer is, our judgement she must respect. Hmm." Master Yoda Said.

"Anakin, Cara, go to the senate. Ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter." Master windu said before the three Jedi bowed and left the room.

                                            ~•~

"I will talk with her. Senator Amidala will not refuse an Executive order. I know her well enough to assure you of that." Chancellor palpatine agreed as Cara and Anakin stood in front the window in his office.

"Thank you your excellency." Cara said.

"And so, they've finally given you an assignment. Your patience has paid off." The chancellor acknowledged, turning to Anakin.

"Your guidance more than my patience." Anakin admitted as Cara took note of this conversation and the trio stepped away from the window.

"You don't need guidance Anakin. In time you will learn to trust your feelings. Then you will be invincible." Chancellor palpatine said, getting Cara's attention.

Ever since Cara was a young girl she has had this bad feeling of chancellor palpatine. When she first met him thirteen years ago and even now. And she felt like she should not be listening to what the chancellor was saying. It went against everything the Jedi order had taught her.

"I have said it many times, you are two of the most gifted Jedi I have ever met." The chancellor said as they walked towards the door.

"Thank you your excellency." Anakin and Cara said at the same time, but cara didn't mean it. They may have the highest midichlorian count ever recorded but the were not as wise as Master Yoda and Master Kenobi. Not as Kind as Master Plo or as strategic as master Ti and Master Windu. They still had much to learn and lots of experience to gain.

"I see you becoming the greatest Jedi's of all time. Even more powerful than Master Yoda." The chancellor complemented the two.

"Chancellor you're too kind." Anakin said as they stopped at the door.

"Oh and my dear, before I forget. Happy birthday." The chancellor smiled at her. She smiled back, not sure how he knew it was her birthday because she hadn't even told him.

"Thank you chancellor. And goodbye." She said as her and Anakin walked out the door.

                                          ~•~

"I'm taking an extended leave of absence. It will be your responsibility to take my place in the senate. Representative Binks. I know I can count on you." Padme said as Anakin stood at the window in her bedroom and Cara sat on Padme's bed.