Chapter fourteen

[THE CLONE WARS]

"Don't get snippy with me."

"They're back!" Anakin yelled as him, Obi-Wan and Cara ran to the front lines.

It had been three weeks since Anakin and Cara's return to Coruscant and their wedding, and the council had practically shipped them out as soon as possible. They had been on christophosis for the past three days now and were barely making any headway and were running out of resources.

"No shit Sherlock." Cara said running up next to her husband as he pointed out the obvious.

"I told you this victory was too easy." Obi-Wan said as they stopped running.

"We never should've sent the ship back for supplies." He added.

"It wasn't my idea to send the ship back." Anakin said pointing out the obvious mistake Obi-Wan had made.

"All right men. Second wave incoming."Obi-Wan stated, choosing to ignore Anakin's comment.

"Rex, you and your men follow us!" Anakin yelled as him and Cara led their troopers up through the fallen debris and on top of the sepratist bombers to attack.

"What's our plan of attack?" Rex asked as the four of them stood on top a bomber droid.

"Follow me." Anakin said looking behind them before looking to cara as they both nodded before flipping off the droid and onto another crawler below.

"We need to take them out or we'll be forced to retreat!" Cara yelled as she jumped onto the crawlers leg and sliced it down the side.

"I know, what do you think I'm doing?" Anakin said deflecting the blast the other droid sent her.

"Hit the neck!" Cara yelled before flicking her wrist and slicing up the neck, destabilising and jumping off the droid.

Anakin followed her lead as he struck the droid with his own lightsaber before jumping off and onto the ground next to his wife as the droid crashed into the other one and resulted in a large explosion.

"Come on!" Cara yelled as they ran through the batttle droids slicing them up before running over to Obi-Wan who was ducking behind a fallen crawler droid.

"We're gonna need reinforcements." Anakin said.

"We haven't been able to get through to the admiral." Obi-Wan said, rejecting that idea.

"Even if we could we can't be sure he has enough troops to spare." Cara said ducking blaster fire.

"Wait, their pulling back." Anakin said as the trio watched the battle droids retreat.

"We need to regroup." Cara said standing up and watching as a republic ship zoomed over their heads.

"Looks like help has arrived." Obi-Wan said, before Artoo came rolling up to them beeping something.

"Come on, Let's Go." Cara said making her way back to their base as the boys followed behind her.

"Our cruiser must be back." Obi-Wan said as the ship landed.

"Which means we'll be able to get our reinforcements." Anakin said.

"Which looks like our problems are solved. Fresh troops, new supplies, and perhaps they brought my new Padawan with them." Obi-Wan said cheerfully.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to bring a Padawan learner into all this?" Anakin asked.

"Where else are they supposed to learn?" Cara asked looking back at the two.