Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Mirae

It wasn't quiet but it's definitely awkward on the table. I was having a dinner with Eli's family in complete attendance. Kiel, Brielle, Mr. Ezekiel Jr., and of course, Mrs. Jospehine.

Nasa kabisera ang ama ni Eli, habang ang tatlo namang mag-iina ay nasa kaliwa nito. Eli and I are seated on Mr. Ezekiel's right side.

"Hindi mo ginagalaw ang pagkain mo. Don't you like the food we prepared?" Eli's mom suddenly say before taking a sip of her wine. She's wearing a turtleneck white top and a emerald green trousers.

She's kinda look like the a classic woman from the 80's Hollywoood films. She's very beautiful and regal, and maybe that's why I feel so intimidated every time she looks at me or talk to me.

"H-Hindi naman po," I reply, feeling my throat going dry as I struggle to find the right words to tell her. "Kumain po kasi kami kanina ni Eli ng fishballs bago kami nagpunta dito kaya medyo busog po ako. But this is really good! You really cook great po, Tita." Bawi ko kaagad.

One of her brows arches as she shot her eyes towards Eli. "Fishballs? What did I tell you guys about eating fishballs? It's not healthy and you don't know what bacteria you could get from those, especially when they are being prepared in an open area."

"I've eat fishballs plenty of times but I turned out to be fine, so relax, Mama Bear." Eli says, while slicing the chicken of this French dish that I can't even pronounce.

"Tsaka malinis namang magluto 'yung sa harapan ng University. Did you know that I paid that vendor once? I was caught cutting classes so I paid him to pretend as my guardian to accompany me inside the discipline's office." Kiel suddenly confessed, grinning a little as if it was his way of breaking the palpable tension.

Tita Josephine almost dropped her utensils. "Ezekiel Felix?!"

Kiel shrugs. "Naka graduate naman na ako," he chuckles.

"Wow, Kiel. I didn't know that you were a badass!" Brielle says in amusement.

Kiel just winked at her little sister.

"Oh my God," Tita Josephine says under her breath.

Another low and deep chuckle rose from the table and it was from their Dad. "Relax, love. Kiel turned out fine. It was all in the past but look at him now, closing huge deals and building large infrastructures." He said, proudly before stuffing the small portion of meat inside his mouth.

"Eli will do that in the future, too." Tita Josephine said. I look at Eli who forced himself to grin.

"Of course, I'll charm the investors with my oozing sex appeal and on-fire sense of humor."

Tita Josephine rolled her eyes before proceeding to eat what's on her plate.

"And with your cleverness and logic." I say, playfully nudging him on the shoulder. "I've seen you present and practice defending a paper with Adrian. You were great," I tell him.

I know that just like how Kiel, Eli will do great in the industry, too. In fact, watching him practice with Adrian made him more look handsome and attractive in my eyes. The way he speaks, the way he defends the possible questions that they're going to throw to the project that they created.

Mabilis siyang mag-isip at alam na alam niya ang kanyang ginagawa.

A faint yet genuine smile crept through his lips. "You," he mouthed, giving me a playful glare. It's obvious that he's embarrassed because he's not used to be put in a spotlight— or in a good spotlight, at least.