Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Eli

It's been a long night.

Long fucking night.

My head was spinning and I don't know if it's because of the impact of my head against the rim of that fucking bar table or is it because of the anger that's been coiling up inside my chest.

I saw the Cooper guy after Mirae and I got out of the bathroom. Sa lahat ng afam na nandito sa Pilipinas ay siya ang gusto kong madeport.

And this is not just about plain jealousy, I wouldn't care if Mirae slept with him because she wants to— I would be even grateful if it happened because they both wanted it, but dammit! He took advantage of her.

I could never forgive anyone who did Mirae wrong. Breathe on her the wrong way and I would fucking raise hell.

"Eli..." My livid thoughts stopped from their tracks that second I heard Mirae's soft voice. I looked down on my hand that, I wasn't aware, was gripping the edge of the counter too tight while I was waiting for the water to boil.

She placed a hand over mine and it took only one touch... one touch from her for me to bend and thaw.

I looked at her and she was already looking up at me with tenderness in her expression.

God. Dear God!

I clench my jaw as I call upon Him... and that's when I realized that my anger doesn't directs to Cooper alone. I was angry at Him, too.

"Hey..." she says and her voice was enough to distract me from my rage.

"Hey," I smile at her, pressing my mouth at the top of her head. "Why did you get up? I told you to rest while I make us both something to drink..." I tell her, breaking my gaze from her for a brief second just to turn the electric kettle off.

It was just me and Mirae in her apartment. After Sheryl and Adrian brought my car back at the diner, Sheryl decided to sleep over at Adrian's while I waited Mirae's shift to end so that I could drive her back to her apartment.

Of course she said no at first, she wanted me to go home because it was late but I keep on insisting. Mabuti na lang at wala masyadong tao na nagpunta si diner. I spent the remaining hours of Mirae's shift there, glaring at Cooper who left as soon as he finished his food. Raj and Dewayne were friendly enough to approach me while I was seated on my favorite spot, asking what the hell happened to me.

I told them how I got my embarrassing injury, Dewayne offered to give me a shirt so that I could change and get rid of my bloody shirt.

Dewayne's Black while Raj's Indian.

I like them.

They seem genuine and nice towards Mirae. Pure platonic relationship with no hidden motives. Unlike that fucking basic white boy.

"You two had a fight?" I remember Raj asking me.

"Who? Me and Mirae?"

Raj nods.

"No... we had a simple misunderstanding two weeks ago but now we're good. Why'd you ask?"

"That explains why she was so sad for two weekends and now look at her... she's smiling again." He points at Mirae who's currently taking orders from an old couple who just got inside the diner.

I looked at Raj again. "Really?"

"Yeah." Dewayne. "And if I see Mirae get sad like that again, I will fucking end you."