A scary Evening

I had to split this chapter up because it was too long again, but I didn't want to deprive you of the pleasant part of the evening by shortening the funnier part. So have fun reading.

Penny had spent the rest of the day in her office while we checked the containers. It was crazy here. Apart from a cat that Tiny had chased onto our training tower, no one had needed to be rescued and I had spent half of the afternoon pulling the fire extinguisher out of the wall - to the ridicule of my colleagues, of course, who were having a great time watching me. As soon as I got the fire extinguisher out of the wall, I held it triumphantly in the air - while the entire 8-meter-long section of the wall collapsed behind me. So I didn't impress anyone and all I got as a reward from Elliot was a bucket and a trowel. Well, at least I had something to do for the rest of the week because Penny had mercy on me and gave us the rest of the day off so we could get ready for the party.

When I arrived at the park in Pontypandy two hours later, I was impressed by the many food stalls, the tons of bright decorations and the countless pumpkins and hay bales that rounded off the whole ambience. A table was set up opposite the stands from which Mr. Flood played the music and Mr. Sparks controlled the drones that painted colorful Halloween motifs in the sky. So the people in Pontypandy really knew how to organize festivals.

"Well, impressed, tenderheart?" Sarah greeted me with a grin as she suddenly appeared next to me and put her arm around me before giving me a quick kiss. Now the evening was perfect!

“You definitely have a knack for decoration,” I replied smiling and looking into her eyes. I loved doing this so much and even though we wrote every day, it wasn't enough for me. Not since last weekend. I missed her and my Care Bear, which I woke up with in my arms every morning, was only a poor substitute. "I missed you," I said, getting my grief off my chest and being greeted with a wonderful smile and rewarded with an even more beautiful kiss.

"Well, rookie, you seem to be really enjoying your time in Pontypandy, aren't you?" the voice of my oldest colleague suddenly startled me and the next moment he was patting me on the shoulder. "Where did you leave our boss?"

"She's coming. Cody isn't exactly the most punctual person," I replied as I turned to him, Arnold and Trixie. Only then did I notice that James and Susen had also joined us and Elvis and Ellie were waving for us to come to them, who were standing at a stand with drinks.

“The shoes again?” Sarah asked me with a grin and I shook my head with a smile.

"No. This time the hat. He wants to go as Pikachu and can't find the hat with the ears," I explained to them when we arrived at Ellie and Elvis's and they immediately handed us cups of pumpkin punch - pumpkin- Punch?!

"How can a child of the most organized and punctual woman I've ever met be so out of mind?" Ellie objected skeptically when Mr. Jon...Sam also came to us.

"That's definitely something he got from Uncle Sam. He's pretty out of his mind sometimes too!" James stated and my eyes widened in silent horror as Sam stopped behind his nephew and put his fists on his hips .

"Oh, is that me?" he said dryly and James screamed like a girl as he spun around to his uncle before grinning sheepishly.

"Only in a good way, of course, Uncle Sam...because you're so...we always had a lot to laugh about, didn't we?"

"That doesn't make it any better, James!" Sam replied dryly, but I could see the corners of his mouth twitching slightly upwards as James became more and more nervous.

"Daddy!", Cody saved his big cousin from making an even bigger mistake when he came running down the meadow shouting loudly and really looked like a Pikachu with his yellow pants and yellow sweater. Penny followed him with a smile - just not disguised as any of us.