Hephaestus asked Dranne to watch over Bryan

Before Dranne went to Camp Oasis. Hephaestus asked him to watch over Bryan, while he was there.

That something happened last year, that left Bryan a wreck. But didn't go into detail, as it wasn't his story to tell.

And that, Aphrodite tends to be too much to deal with. So, he can rely on him, more than he can rely on Aphrodite, to lend a shoulder to Bryan, should he need someone to hold him, in the events of  having a rough time handling everything.

Dranne agrees. And, after Bryan tells him his story, on what happened with him and the Seductive Rose, the year prior.

He's, relieved. He feels horrified by what Bryan was put through, of course! And he reassured him that being told this, doesn't change anything, on wanting to be friends with him.

But, Dranne is, a little relieved to know, that he isn't the only one, who has experience with being taken control by something, and forced to do it's bidding.

With Drannus constantly fighting for control, to wreck havok.

He feels, a connection towards Bryan. Because, despite the horrible events. Neither were alone, in having experience in being controlled by something, and forced to their bidding, to do bad things, that would more than likely be used, to hurt others.

Dranne tells him of Drannus, wanting to get that out of the way.

And Bryan feels bad for what Dranne goes through.

They hug each other. Enjoying their new found friendship. And enjoying not being alone, in this.