𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: Meeting the Future Mate

It was Renjun's fifth day in the new home, and he was getting used to it. This day was like the rest, full of work and new experiences, as he finally saw more on the third floor. Apart from Jeno's office, full of sketches and books, and the music room, there was a library with all its shelves filled. Renjun saw a few more doors, but they were locked and irrelevant because Jaemin didn't comment about them. It appeared that those rooms weren't installed yet.

The highlight of that day was the photo of Jeno Renjun spotted on his desk. Usually, at least the omega thought so, people had their pictures hung on the walls, but the pureblood enjoyed paintings way more. Therefore, the single picture the omega found was special. He stopped cleaning and suddenly paused, too mesmerized by the alpha that he didn't hear when Jaemin got behind him.

Renjun flinched when the beta came forward to pick up a framed photograph and gazed at it.

"Handsome, isn't he?" Jaemin chuckled at the omega's reaction once he looked away from the picture. "My mother always said he was a very obedient kid. Well-behaved. That's how she put it. I saw it too many times myself, and I was shocked. You see, most people think pureblood alphas are always arrogant and dominant. But he's quite calm and peaceful as an adult, too. It's hard to get mad at him."

Renjun remembered the alpha's face even when he was already in his room, hugging a decorative pillow to his chest and staring at the ceiling. His heart pounded the more he thought about his future mate, his excitement to meet the pureblood alpha as soon as possible only grew. Throughout his life, he had never met another pureblood, and he couldn't wait to see a person like him, to observe him, and to find out how pureblood alpha was dealing with his high secondary gender status. The omega male started to get sick of asking Jaemin questions about Jeno. He wished to see the future mate himself. Renjun desired to give him the happiness he deserved.

Suddenly, he remembered what he had in one of his drawers, and that object was the main reason he didn't want Jaemin to roam around his room. Sitting up and placing the decorative pillow at the end of his bed, Renjun got up. He walked to the drawer and took a few of his notebooks—his precious treasure that had everything he had to know.

Renjun spent quite a lot of time reading his notes. He recalled classes, remembered his skills, but most importantly, recited how to act around an alpha. For five days, he only talked to the beta and responded to his friends' letters—Renjun was a bit nervous to understand that speaking to an alpha was a vital difference. But he knew he'd be fine as when he read the tips, he felt his heart fluttering as, unlike in the past, he knew he'd use these very soon.

Renjun exited the bathroom and was drying his hair with a towel when he heard footsteps drawing closer to his door. Realizing that he was almost naked, just in a thin and quite short pajama, the omega grabbed a robe and quickly wore it. Just when he tied a knot around his waist, he heard a quick knock on his door.

"Renjun!" he heard Jaemin's voice.

Unlike the omega, the beta woke up way earlier than him every day, and he didn't bother Renjun when the latter wanted to sleep a bit longer. But something urgent seemed to happen if he was at his door calling his name instead of Mr. Huang.

"Yes?" the omega answered but didn't open the door.

He had no key to lock it, and even though the beta was polite and didn't seem dangerous, Renjun still had a chair blocking the door to ensure his safety and privacy.

Jaemin remained discreet and didn't enter without getting permission, thankfully. Renjun was glad he didn't try barging inside because they could simply talk with the door between them.