𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: Learning the Truth(?)

Avoiding losing the battle, the couple went downstairs to have breakfast. It was Renjun's idea. He found it stupid that he and Jeno didn't come to eat when they were the superior here. So, keeping that in mind, Renjun asked Jeno not to avoid the omega and proudly face him.

Jaemin heard the movement and checked, immediately smiling upon seeing more people. The beta announced it to Haewon, and Renjun gritted his teeth. He hated the thought of another omega in his kitchen. Renjun was born territorial, and once he was out of Aquamarine House, another omega's presence wasn't as comforting. The pureblood omega wanted to be the only omega.

"Here we come!" Jaemin said as he carried a few plates to the table.

After him came Haewon. Surprising Renjun, he said hello and even smiled, but as the master's omega followed where he looked, he noticed Haewon greeted only Jeno and just briefly glanced at him. Renjun pressed his lips into a thin line. What a mess, this household is. Obviously, the Red House omega would do something like this, smile and greet the other's alpha and be good around him because he needed a roof above his head. What would follow after that? The master's seduction?

Jaemin sat down, and so did Haewon, beside the beta. They were quiet for a few seconds, but then the beta asked everyone to dig in. Renjun didn't even touch his cutlery while Haewon had already started eating, loudly chewing the food, which embarrassed the higher-class omega. He tried to ignore it as paying attention to the rude meant he was at the center, though as it continued and Jaemin looked at Haewon with a smile as if he was delighted the omega ate so well, Renjun snapped.

"Stop it!" he raised his voice but avoided slamming his fist. "You're embarrassing the omega gender. Where are your manners?"

Haewon stopped and looked up at him. It was hard to read his face, but Renjun didn't see any drop of politeness.

"The omega gender is already an embarrassment. We're just toys for alphas," he said, gazing at Renjun in the eyes and making him uncomfortable.

It was awkward. Renjun despised hearing that, and he didn't like that the other two heard it as well.

"True," Jaemin said as he leaned back in his chair, so relaxed. "But not in this household."

"It's in our blood. We like being toyed with," Haewon went on, and Renjun shivered. "We can't do anything about it."

"Whatever you're saying is far away from the manners I'm asking you to have," Renjun said, no timbre betraying how he felt inside, and even his face was blank. However, he smiled, which was fake but must have looked polite, knowing how much he practiced such a smile in Aquamarine House. "It's not that hard to be decent. You used to be in one of the Houses as well, right?"

Jaemin smiled at Renjun, hearing his friendly tone. He thought the omega softened. The beta fell for it. Haewon didn't. He knew the higher-class omega was faking it, and it only proved he did remember something he learned at a normal House.

"I don't know how to be decent..." Haewon mumbled, then looked at Jaemin.

It was like he begged for help, and as weird as it sounds, Jaemin understood his glance in just a few seconds. Clearing his throat, he shifted his eyes on Renjun.

"Give him time. We're working really hard."

"On what?" Jeno joined the conversation as he darted his eyes on Jaemin. Renjun was taken aback by how cold they were. It was like Jeno had no drop of sympathy for the beta.

"On everything. Reviving skills and learning manners all over again," Jaemin replied as if he didn't notice it. "You don't think I would leave it like this, right? Despite our free spirit in this household, we also need order."