𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: Miscommunicating

Talking with Mrs. Na was fun, but listening to her was even better. She said so many things Renjun, as an omega, would've never thought of. He had a low knowledge of economy and politics, so hearing a beta talking so simply and widely about it, kept Renjun hooked. It was the same for Haewon, who came by once in a while to ask if they needed something, but instead stuck around to listen to her talking.

Renjun listened to Mrs. Na's every sentence with curiosity as he enjoyed drinking the cup of tea she had brought. He and Jeno sat on the sofa, close enough to feel each other's scents and brush their arms against each other. Renjun felt like they were like an actual couple, which made the time in the living room even more enjoyable. Jeno must've been on the same happiness level as him. Everyone could tell he respected Mrs. Na's presence and at the same time was proud of the omega by his side.

"The country's economic level is way higher than it was a few decades ago. The statistics show that almost everyone is employed right now. I think the Houses raised the employment rate since getting a mate is no longer easy. On the contrary, I find the House system a bit too strict. Let me say this—it tends to objectify the person. That's why I want to hear it from one who was there," she smiled and looked at Renjun. "How is it?"

"I liked it," the omega replied, slightly shrugging as he was a bit nervous to receive such a question. "I think most of us need strict policy. We grew up to be stronger."

"I'm not against a strict system either. Each omega comes to different houses and learns new things there. But that they have a base for every possible scenario is plausible," Jeno commented and Renjun wondered whether he just said an indirect compliment to him for getting everything in his way.

"You two match," Mrs. Na giggled. "Jeno, I've never seen I'll see you like this soon. You're beaming."

"Really?" the alpha got awkward.

"I can tell you're the happiest now, Jeno. You have a house, you're studying and working, own a hardworking beta home economist, and have a pretty and smart omega. I hope you all be happy."

She spoke in monologue a bit more, her words so truthful and calming that if she were a psychologist, Renjun would've believed her every word. He was already on the verge of thinking she knew literally everything.

"Alright," the beta stood up and placed the cup on the table. "I'll get going. Tell my son I said goodbye."

Renjun only then remembered the wallpaper hangers were still there and Jaemin was most likely watching over them. He called Haewon and asked him to walk Mrs. Na outside. The servant nodded and smiled at the beta, offering her an arm to link. Renjun made sure Mrs. Na was really leaving, otherwise, he should've stayed and kept her company.

Jeno stood up, stretched, and said he'd go to the bedroom and nap a bit. He seemed exhausted after socializing and Renjun could relate to that. However, he felt like the significant person in the house and knew that he was responsible for the order no less than Jaemin. Firstly, he accompanied Jeno to their bedroom. He helped him take certain clothes off and then tugged him in and kissed his forehead. Only after making sure the pureblood would be comfortable did he leave the room and go to the third floor.

There, he heard voices and unfamiliar scents that reminded him the wallpaper hangers were alphas. That they were a bit younger than him, Renjun could tell from the way they couldn't control their pheromones. Those of excitement spread everywhere as apparently, the two were happy to work in a house like this. They knew the reward would be a fine sum.

But there was obviously more. Renjun could hear their dialects and jargon, something he didn't get to know because he was a foreigner and most of his language culture was fixed in Aquamarine House. The correct pronunciation, the right wording, and most importantly the use of the common language. There was a rule that an omega had to speak to their alpha in the common language unless the alpha said otherwise. Domestic language should be used when they get close enough. Renjun and Jeno were already at this level as they called each other names.