𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: Doubting the Future

It was still very early in the morning, and it should've been that stressful, but Jeno and Renjun were panicking. You see, when the alarm rang, both woke up, and the first thing Jeno did as he opened his eyes was glance at Renjun. The omega did the same, that's why Jeno noticed something that made him nervous.

"Y-your left eye... It's really red."

"What?" Renjun sat up straight. He thought Jeno was joking, but recalling what happened last night, the omega got out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

The alpha guiltily followed behind him and stood in the doorway as Renjun stared at his reflection and the redness of his left eye.

"I'm sorry," he said when the omega darted his eyes at him. "I-I'll look for something to heal you."

Obviously, Jeno didn't want to involve Jaemin in this, so he tried to find the med kit himself, turning the bathroom into a mess. He didn't see anything useful, not that there was something to heal the pink eye, which he didn't know, and he got frustrated. Renjun observed everything quietly, finding it rather funny how the alpha didn't know what he had at his own house.

Finding nothing to use and feeling bad he couldn't help Renjun, Jeno swallowed his pride and therefore had to go and knock on Jaemin's door.

Renjun was behind the open door of their bedroom and listened to how Jeno would get away with this. Because the moment Jaemin opened the door, he was grumpy as he still had an hour to sleep.

"Oh no... I don't want to jog, okay?" the beta grumbled. "I know I used to do it, but now that we have more people, I should take care of the house. You jog yourself."

"No, it's not about jogging," Jeno sighed in irritation. "I need access to your medkit."

"Why?" Jaemin's voice got attentive as if he wasn't sleepy just a second ago. Or maybe he woke up the moment he heard Jeno didn't want to call him to the couple jogging.

"Do you have it?" Jeno didn't reply to the question and raised his own.

"I do, but why?"

"Just let me have it," Jeno grunted and by the sounds, it appeared he pushed Jaemin and got inside his room.

Renjun heard them arguing and closed the door. As usual, Jaemin's voice dominated and Jeno seemingly just gave him short replies. However, whatever they talked about, Jeno must've made it worse because soon Renjun heard the door on Jaemin's side of the balcony opening and flinched when he saw the beta behind the half-open glass door of master's bedroom. The home economist didn't even knock as he saw Renjun was wide awake, and their eyes even met for a few seconds. He invited himself into the room, but before Jaemin could see the pink eye, Renjun turned away and covered his face.

"What happened?" the beta asked in concern. Renjun heard him approaching. "Who needs the medkit out the two of you? You?"

"It's very early in the morning," Renjun hissed, stepping to the corner of the room to feel safer. "I'm not dressed and it's inappropriate to come inside uninvited, especially when an omega is unprepared to take in guests. Please, leave."

"I think I already saw your morning face and it's nothing special. Better tell me why you are covering it?"

"It's nothing."

"Why?" Jaemin asked persistently. "Did Jeno hurt you?"

"What? Why would you think that?" Renjun scoffed, letting his guard down therefore he didn't hear when Jaemin got close enough to grab his shoulders and then turn him around.

Since it happened so suddenly, and the touch was unexpected, the omega gasped and accidentally uncovered his face. Jaemin had his eyes on that spot therefore he saw the pink eye right away and widened his eyes. Renjun's reaction was delayed, and he tried to cover it again, making it worse. Jaemin pushed the omega's hands away and cupped his face. He brought his close enough to earn a negative reaction from the omega. Not only did Renjun tense but he also tried to push Jaemin away. In vain, though as the beta was too focused on the left eye to make it out that Renjun hated the proximity.