𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: Getting Traumatized

Jeno and Renjun felt no peace in the house after the double argument they had in Haewon's room. At first, they stayed in their room, both remained quiet and kept their distance from each other. Jeno sat on the bed, while the omega chose a chair next to the wardrobe. Renjun's mind was on fire as all the things Haewon said were not only embarrassing him but distorting his image as the perfect omega.

In Aquamarine House, they taught omegas to protect their dignity. They even said that you can do anything to protect it. Renjun didn't know what that "anything" was in this context. He didn't know what to do. He felt helpless and ashamed that he couldn't strongly deny what Haewon accused him of. He lacked words, his voice sounded unwilling...

However, Jeno had double pressure. His thoughts must've run from Jaemin to Renjun. The omega heard him sighing and noticed him rubbing his eyes. He didn't know what to do. As his omega, he had to say something to calm him, to support him. But Renjun was so lost that he felt like he never studied in Aquamarine House.

"Alright," the alpha spoke, breaking the uncomfortable silence. "Was it true what Haewon said?"

"No, I don't even think like this..." Renjun replied weakly, choosing to lie to end at least one argument. But again, he sounded as if he didn't believe his words too.

"Even if you do, I can understand. I'm jealous too," Jeno sharply inhaled. "I want Jaemin to be around our children, but... do you desire him?"

Renjun shook his head, "I just... I think Haewon understood this way because I hate it when another omega is in our house... I want to be here alone. I'm a pureblood omega..."

"Does thinking of Jaemin make your heart race?" another stupid question came from the alpha.

"Jeno, this is..." Renjun chuckled in disbelief. "This sounds weird..."

"No, this isn't weird. This is still happening to me, Renjun. No matter how much I like you, I still think of Jaemin. And if this happens to you too..."

"Then what?"

"Then," Jeno paused. "Well... I think we'd be equal. I mean we both would understand each other. Jaemin is a beta, right, but he's attractive and easy to like. As an alpha and omega, we form a strong attachment to each other but since he's always around and taking care of us, naturally, there's also space for someone extra like a beta."

Renjun remembered Lady Brixil's warning that some betas try inserting themselves into the relationship of an alpha and omega. In this situation, it seemed like it was the other way around. The couple felt like they could insert the beta.

"I don't know..." Renjun shook his head. "I can only think of him as a part of this house. I'm getting possessive of stuff around, furniture, and rooms and I feel the same with Jaemin. I don't like the idea of another omega getting his attention."

"Me too," Jeno smiled. "Before, I didn't like it when you were near Jaemin, but after we got closer, I don't mind it anymore. However, Haewon is irritating me. I was shocked and mad when I found out he was sleeping with Jaemin," the alpha suddenly looked away in embarrassment. "Honestly, I felt so bad that I had a thought to speak to you and ask you to seduce him. I know it's stupid, so I quickly disregarded it."

Renjun didn't think it was that stupid. He was sure if this continued, he would do it to save the house. Simply, out of desperation. Was that what the teacher said when they meant doing "anything" to save dignity? If this house became infamous just because of Haewon, just to keep his dignity, Renjun would definitely do strange things. Anything.

He chuckled, "Well, when I found out they were having this kind of relationship, I thought of keeping Jaemin away from Haewon while talking to him in the evenings, covering it as if I'm worried about something. I spoke nonsense, some things that don't even worry me. But Jaemin was around and listened. He had no clue."