𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨: Meeting the Guest

"What's up with Jaemin?" Jeno asked as he jumped on the bed, and like a cat, he crawled to Renjun. He put his head on the omega's lap so naturally that the latter didn't even notice it happening.

So, he was surprised when he lifted his book and saw the alpha lying there with closed eyes. Jeno behaved as if he trusted the omega. He did it as if they were already mates. Renjun smiled at the sight and would have enjoyed observing Jeno a little bit longer if the latter hadn't opened his eyes and repeated the same question. But he also added more.

"What's up with Jaemin and that servant? One didn't come for lunch and dinner and Jaemin is just oddly quiet. I feel like I missed something."

"Haewon and I argued," Renjun said, carefully choosing his words. "We argue a lot lately. He's getting braver."

"Why did you argue?" Jeno asked curiously.

"Well... Haewon tells me weird things about alphas, I complain to Jaemin, Jaemin scolds Haewon and Haewon comes to make fun of me," Renjun described everything and then rolled his eyes. "It's like kindergarten."

"And Jaemin is the kindergarten teacher," Jeno chuckled, out of all the story, noticing Jaemin the most.

Renjun knew Jeno was still in love with Jaemin. Why wasn't he interested in what Haewon said about alphas but found it cute that Jaemin was entangled?

"Hey," Jeno touched Renjun's arm to bring his attention as the omega was obviously somewhere else. "I just thought about this. Jaemin is very patient, empathic, and caring. I think he'd be a good babysitter to our kids."

Renjun felt awkward hearing that. First, it proved Jeno liked him enough to start thinking of having kids with him, which wasn't that bad and was actually flattering. However, Renjun feared what came after alphas and omegas made children. Second, Jaemin would most likely be far away by the time they get them as much as Renjun understood from Jaemin's speech, the beta planned to leave one way or another. He bought Renjun so Jeno could forget him and he could escape this house. Haewon got in his way but made it easier. Jaemin liked the idea of leaving with someone else, didn't he?

"It must've sounded weird. We have to bond first, of course," Jeno laughed awkwardly, perhaps misinterpreting Renjun's expression. "When do you want to bond?"

"Can I pick the date?" the omega's heart fluttered.

"Why not?" Jeno smiled. "Wait, it's not how it's usually done?"

"Why are you asking me?" Renjun laughed and let go of the book to touch the topic of Jeno's nose. "You're my first alpha."

"Jaemin told me about another alpha," the pureblood raised his eyebrow. "An alleged friend of yours."

Although his eyes said nothing, in his tone, Renjun heard something like jealousy and he liked it. Jeno was jealous!

"He's just a friend of mine. Right. He used to be my seatmate," Renjun shrugged his shoulders, showing he wasn't bothered.

But he was. He wondered why Jaemin said it to Jeno. Whatever happened there with Ling was nothing or was the beta so angry he had to apologize that he spilled everything to the alpha?

"Jaemin said you met each other."

"We did."

"He touched you."

"Just my hand."

"You talked."

"We did," Renjun replied, then chuckled. "Am I being interrogated?"

"No, I'm just curious," Jeno stared attentively at Renjun. He wasn't even embarrassed to be like this. "I want to know how close you were."

The omega liked Jeno's curiosity about him. Two months ago, he would've done everything to earn such a reaction from Jeno. It seemed to be true that after the first night together, decent alphas felt responsible.