1 : BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP

The baby was playing with dolls, a favorite pastime of his. Sunlight streamed in, bathing him in its warm glow. His dark brown eyes caught the light, turning them a mesmerizing shade of yellow. There's a unique allure to dark brown eyes, a rarity compared to green, hazel, or blue. When bathed in sunlight, their transformation to a golden hue is particularly enchanting. Brown eyes, in such moments, can be even more captivating than other eye colors.

It was tea time, around 4 o'clock in the evening. Parents and neighbors were gathered in the living area, engaged in idle chitchat. A little baby, about two years old, was attempting to stand but struggled. He exclaimed, "Mamma, staddyy staddyy (stand up)." Though he could walk and run, he needed assistance to stand up if he sat down—a real cutie pie.

His mother chuckled, but his father was puzzled. He asked her, "What is he saying? What does he want?"

His wife picked up the baby and helped him to his feet. The baby immediately started running around the room, shouting, "Phew, Mamma, Mamma!"

"He was trying to stand up, and if he can't, he'll say 'staddy staddy,'" she explained with a smile.

Everyone laughed, amused by the child's antics.

Time passed, and the little baby grew up. By the time he was in the fifth grade, he had made a best friend named Jimin. They were inseparable—playing, having lunch together, visiting each other's homes after school, and helping each other with homework.

Jimin was adorable, almost ethereal in his beauty, like an angel. His smile was precious to Taehyung, and when Jimin didn't smile, it meant he was worried about his friend. Something about Taehyung might be bothering him, or they might have had a disagreement. Jimin's tiny, beautiful fingers could sometimes make Taehyung roll on the floor laughing, especially when Jimin was teasing him.

Jimin's father often traveled abroad, and whenever he returned, he never failed to bring gifts for both boys. He considered Taehyung, the boy with the brown eyes, as his own son, believing he had two sons—Jimin and Taehyung.

As time went on, their friendship grew stronger. By the time they reached the seventh grade, Taehyung was upset. He wasn't eating, and his behavior worried Jimin.

"Yaayyy..!!! Kim Taehyung, come and eat your dinner. Aren't we getting late to submit your assignment? It's due tomorrow," Jimin said, feigning anger to cheer up his best friend.

"Huh..! After tomorrow, I'll have to eat alone, because you won't be here anymore, Chim," Taehyung said, his eyes filled with tears he tried to hide from his best friend.

Jimin approached Taehyung, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the floor. "I know you're sad, my Tae, because I'm leaving, but I don't have a choice," Jimin said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

Taehyung noticed and turned to Jimin, cupping his cheek. "Jiminiee pabo, don't cry, please. I know it's not your fault. Your family has to move to another city suddenly. It's okay, we'll stay in touch. Don't cry, okay? Let's go have dinner; we have a lot of work to do," Taehyung said, forcing a smile, though his eyes were still brimming with tears.

After dinner, they finished their assignments. With exams over, they only had to submit their assignments the next day.

Jimin's luggage was ready. Taehyung tried to hold back his tears but couldn't. He was heartbroken that his Chimmi was leaving. They hugged and cried together.

"Taetae, we'll stay in touch. Don't cry. We'll call each other every day, okay?" Jimin said, still crying.

"Have a safe journey, Jiminah. Please let me know when you reach," Taehyung replied, his heart heavy with sadness.

As he watched Jimin's figure fade away, he couldn't control his tears. He went to his mother, embraced her, and cried hard until he fell asleep in her arms.