5 : SHORT CHAPTER (part 1)

Jungkook was stunned. He realized that Taehyung had discovered his weakness and had used it against him. The thought of this new student potentially making his life miserable troubled him. Grabbing his bag, he headed for the exit.

He collided with a girl on his way out. She looked up at him with a smirk that only fueled his frustration further.

"Jungkook, got insulted by the newcomer?" she said, crossing her arms.

Jungkook didn't respond but tried to walk past her. She grabbed his arm.

"Kook, isn't it ironic that someone you don't even know is giving you grief? He's going to make your life hell, just as you made mine," she said, trying to hold both of his hands. He jerked away.

"You made your life this way. Now move."

"Then why don't you make my life better by giving me a chance?" Her face turned sad.

"A cheater doesn't deserve a second chance, Daisy," Jungkook said, and continued toward the gate.

"Mark  my words," she called after him. "He will make your life hell, just like he scared you today. I really enjoyed seeing it, and I'm sure everyone will love knowing that Jeon Jungkook got insulted."

*******

Taehyung hurried to his room, barely noticing anything around him—where his mother was or what the maid was doing.

He locked the door behind him, stood in front of the mirror, and began to examine his reflection. Tears began streaming down his cheeks. Overwhelmed by emotion, he started to sob uncontrollably, never imagining he would find himself in such an embarrassing situation.

He had never wished for any enemies; he only wanted to focus on his studies. As he collapsed onto the floor, he sobbed deeply, missing Jimin. If the accident hadn't happened, he wouldn't have lost him. Jimin wouldn't have let this happen to him. He regretted not being able to apologize to Jimin and longed for his soulmate.

He went to his desk, retrieved some medicine from the drawer, and took it. Soon after, he fell asleep.

*******

Jungkook was still in his uniform, disheveled and unkempt. His tie was not in good terms, his hair messy, and his uniform was out of order. He wore one sock on his left foot and a shoe on his right. His room was in chaos: the mirror was shattered, his hand was slightly bleeding, and his eyes were red with anger.

Someone was banging on his door, but Jungkook ignored it.

"Open the door, or I'll break it down!" a voice called from the other side.

"Just leave me alone, I don't want to see anyone right now"Jungkook's sharp reply made the other person pause.

"Open the door!" the voice persisted, still pounding.

Reluctantly, Jungkook unlocked the door. The boy entered and immediately surveyed the disarray: the broken mirror, torn bedsheets, scattered belongings, a broken phone, and burnt scraps of paper. The sight was troubling, and he couldn't understand why Jungkook was so enraged.

"What is this, Jungkook?" the boy asked, concern evident in his voice. Noticing Jungkook's bleeding hand, he grew even more worried and quickly fetched a first aid kit from the drawer.

"Come sit on the bed, we need to tend to that wound"
he said, his eyes filled with worry.

"I don't need anything. Can you just leave?" Jungkook stared straight ahead, dismissing the offer.

"Please, Jungkook—" he began, but was cut off.

"just get out of here. I don't want anything. All I want is to get back at that attention-seeking skeleton, that spoiled brat," Jungkook shouted.

"What happened, Jungkook? Can you at least tell me?" the boy asked, his tone growing more insistent.

"You know what, Jimin? He's at fault. He told me not to mess with him and called me a coward," Jungkook said, frowning.

"For God's sake, can you just explain what happened?" Jimin raised his voice, but when he saw Jungkook's annoyed expression, he apologized and listened as Jungkook explained everything, including the transfer details of the elder. Jimin was momentarily lost in thought, the situation reminding him of someone.

"Well, what should we do now?" Jimin asked.

"Just leave, Jimin. What's happened has happened. I don't think anyone will take advantage of this situation," Jungkook said with a smirk.

"I won't seek him out, but if he tries to play me again, I won't hold back" Jungkook added, his expression darkening.

*******

Taehyung was at the dining table with his family. His mother, Kim Taeh-rin, was a kind woman who always cared deeply for her son. In contrast, his father showed little concern or empathy toward Taehyung.

"Meet me in the office later, Taehyung" his father said coldly before leaving for his study.

After dinner, Taehyung went to his father's office—a place no one else was allowed to enter, not even his mother. He remembered the first time he had entered the office after they bought the house. His father had roughly shoved him to the floor. If it hadn't been for his mother, who knows what might have happened?

**************************************************