14 : CONFESSION

"But Kim, we can be friends if you want" Jungkook said as they reached the park and sat on a bench.

"Rivals can't be friends, Jeon" Taehyung replied, taking his seat.

"We can be if we try something new."

"I don't trust you."

"I'll do anything to make you trust me, Kim" Jungkook said, looking at Taehyung.

"And I don't want you to do anything for me. I don't want friends, rivals, or anything. I just wanted to come and clear things up. Stay away from me; it's not good for you" Taehyung said seriously, looking at Jungkook.

"I'm not afraid of the consequences, Kim. If it's for you, I'll take any risk" Jungkook's eyes softened.

"No, I don't want anyone to be involved" Taehyung shook his head.

"I don't consider you 'just anyone,' Kim. You're exceptional" Jungkook said.

"You're not understanding. I WANT YOU TO KEEP YOURSELF AWAY FROM ME" Taehyung shouted.

"And you're not listening to me"

"Why should I listen to you? You listen—" Taehyung was cut off by Jungkook.

"Because I LIKE YOU, TAEHYUNG. I LIKE YOU SO MUCH." Jungkook's cheeks turned a bit red while Taehyung's face became as red as a tomato.

.

.

Jin had been walking for so long that his feet started to hurt. He went near a tree to rest for a bit, feeling utterly broken. His so-called boyfriend—should he now be called his ex?—had wanted a car, a house, and every other luxury, and Jin couldn't give him everything he desired.

Jin had pressured his parents to give him money, with which he gifted the house to his ex-boyfriend. But Baekchan was so obsessed with money that he never felt the same way about Jin. Jin longed for a place where he could start fresh.

"Should I go to Taehyung?" he wondered aloud, sitting under the tree.

.

.

Silence spread all around them. Taehyung couldn't hear any noise. Had he heard correctly, or were his ears deceiving him?

Taehyung suddenly noticed Jungkook's face, which looked nervous. His rosy cheeks were proof of it. Taehyung turned his face away. "I have a boyfriend."

"Um, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" Jungkook said, looking down.

"Hmm, so I'm going now. Please don't come near me ever again. You are nothing to me, and remember, I have a boyfriend." Taehyung got up from the seat.

"So what? Can't we be friends?" Jungkook stood up as well.

"No, we can't. As I said, you are nothing to me" Taehyung replied.

"And you are nothing to me too. I was just joking" Jungkook said.

"The sky is getting dark and cloudy. It seems like it's going to rain. I should go now" Taehyung exclaimed and started to leave. Jungkook, not wanting to let him go, stepped towards Taehyung and tried to put a hand on his shoulder, but suddenly his legs gave way as he slipped and grabbed Taehyung's shoulder with both hands.

"Oh, sorry, Taehyung, I was going to fall" he said, and in the process, Taehyung's muffler came off. Jungkook's eyes widened when he saw the mark on Taehyung's neck.