23 : TAEHYUNG

Small Flash back

The man was running behind Jeon's car, the raging speed becoming duller as the driver began to pull off to the side of the road. "What's wrong? Stop the car" Jeon said coldly. His body language mirrored his tone, trying to keep his burning anger in check as he averted his gaze from the man.

Suddenly, a loud thumping on the window from the man caught Jeon's attention, sharpening his gaze. The driver's attempt to get the man away from the car prompted Jeon to acrimoniously get out. "What do you want, man?" he asked, glancing at him to assess the situation. The man, neither old nor young, was panting heavily. Despite his frustration, Jeon felt a bit of pity for him.

"You are Jeon, right? I need to talk to you it's extremely urgent!" the man exclaimed. Despite being late for the office, Jeon considered the man's plea.

"You're making me late. We can do this another time" Jeon said with no expression, his tone giving warning signs. He was about to get back into the car when the man's next words stopped him.

"K-Kim! I know the boy you're looking for!"

"Sorry?" Jeon responded, still processing the man's words.

"The drug boy you're searching for. I know him very well. I can help you find him" the man insisted.

Shocked, Jeon took him to his office. He was aware of the risks of being scammed or kidnapped, but his first instinct was that the boy wasn't a victim. Once he found him, it would be easier to capture his associates.

In the office, the man and Jeon sat across from each other. Jeon's intimidating gaze made the man feel awkward and pressured. "His name is Kim Taehyung" the man said. The name was familiar to Jeon.

"And?" Jeon's tone remained cold.

"He works with drugs, basically addicted to them."

"I am aware of that. Any particular reason? Or you can leave, but I will make sure you don't have a good day, as you've ruined mine" Jeon said loudly.

(Like father like son)

The man stuttered, "He is my s-son!"

"Son?" Jeon raised his eyebrows in amusement. "Hmm, I've been looking forward to meeting you. Trust me, I'm aware of my son, but please don't do anything to him" Kim said, showing wary eyes.

"Son, interesting... So weren't you the one who inspired him?" Jeon asked, making Kim panic a bit, though he remained composed. "I have tried to keep him away from it, but he's a minor, and I can't force him. I even tried to cage him, but he is my son, and I cannot be that cruel."

"Show me his true self" Jeon ordered, confusing Kim.

"Huh?"

"Any picture of him?" Jeon clarified.

Flash back ended

Displaying a photo of Taehyung on his phone, Jeon placed it on the table and sighed deeply in disbelief before deleting the photo. Jeon checked the photo one last time before deleting it to ensure that Kim wasn't faking anything about his son. Jungkook might be right at this point; he needed to figure it out before things got worse and his son might leave him.

Jeon made sure not to get involved in the man's personal life, but as long as it was connected to his son, it was his business. Reluctantly but resolutely, he called the police and informed them about the situation.