2 : NEW ADMISSION

Sometimes we have to let go of our favorite people for their better future. If Taehyung had said no to Jimin, Jimin might never have left him.

Their friendship was more than just a bond, it transcended typical relationships like family, romantic partnerships, or marriage. It was built on deep affection, adoration, and trust.

Taehyung had become a negative influence for Jimin. Jimin had transferred to Taehyung's school in the fifth grade, and despite being new, he quickly found a place alongside Taehyung, who had a spare spot on his bench. They became bench mates, sharing lunches, time, notes, and even playing together after school. Their friendship deepened, becoming inseparable.

One day, Taehyung had to leave school early due to a family issue. When he returned two periods later, he saw his dear friend Jimin chatting and laughing with other classmates. This upset him greatly.

Taehyung slumped down on the bench, hiding his anger. For Jimin, he could fight anyone and pour his frustrations out. He thought he was, is, and always would be the only one for Jimin. No one could come between them.

When Jimin smiled and greeted him, Taehyung would just smile back without responding. Jimin understood this meant Taehyung was upset. He would try to cheer Taehyung up with jokes or conversation, but if Taehyung ignored him, it was clear he was angry.

Sometimes, Taehyung would act out to show his displeasure. He would start talking to other classmates, completely ignoring Jimin as though he didn't exist. Jimin would get watery-eyed but tried to conceal his emotions in front of others.

"Taehyung, what's wrong? Why are you ignoring me?" Jimin would ask sadly.

"One of your friends should stay away from others when I'm not around," Taehyung replied with a sad chuckle.

"Oh, she just needed a note, and I was helping—"

"Helping? Didn't you see her smirking at me when I came back? It felt like she was trying to take you away, like you wanted to end our friendship," Taehyung snapped.

"Fine, do whatever you want. I'm not blocking your way," Jimin shouted, his voice tinged with frustration.

As the school day ended and they headed home, they would walk side by side despite their arguments. They never walked separately, they were always together. They walked in silence, with Jimin staring straight ahead and Taehyung avoiding eye contact. However, if their hands brushed, they would hold on, intertwining their fingers and laughing together. This time was no different. Despite their fate seemingly working against them, they remained close.

Unfortunately, their fate did indeed pull them apart. After two and a half years, Jimin had to leave in the middle of the semester, and Taehyung couldn't bear it.

Wasn't it god's will??

Taehyung recalled their time together with a smile, but reality soon hit him hard. He locked himself in his room, crying. He hadn't eaten since Jimin left, and despite his mother's calls, he chose to ignore them.

He struggled to imagine life without his soulmate. While one can live without love, living without a soulmate is another matter entirely.

Gradually, Taehyung adjusted to life after Jimin's departure. He focused on his studies and school, though he never grew close to anyone else. The future had other plans, he would have to leave Daegu for Seoul six months after Jimin's departure. His father's business required the move for better educational opportunities, as Taehyung was the only heir and had to excel in his studies.

Present Time

Taehyung began his first day at Bangtan Seoul university. Nervous and unsure of how to make friends or handle the new environment, he was overwhelmed by the school's vastness compared to his previous one. The campus was expansive, with a large garden, playground, and separate music school.

(The university is connected to the school too)

As he entered through the grand gate, he observed children playing and some fighting. One boy was holding another's tie, while the boy with mint-brown hair struggled to free himself. The situation amused Taehyung when the mint-brown-haired boy claimed his nose was blocked, suggesting he might have COVID. The fighter grew angry, which only reminded Taehyung of his own experiences with Jimin.

His gaze shifted to the senior boys smoking with two girls. One boy, clearly experienced with drugs, snorted a cigarette, prompting Taehyung to avoid such influences.

Taehyung thought about how Seoul, as the capital of South Korea, was filled with diverse people. Yet, he wanted nothing more than his soulmate, his brother. He glanced at his watch and phone to check the time.

Determined not to be late on his first day, he headed toward the building. Stairs to the right led to the principal's office, and he thought he should meet the principal first.