5 : HE DID NOT COME (part 2)

With a heavy sigh, Taehyung knocked and entered the office.

"Come in, Mr. Kim" his father said, sitting behind the desk and watching Taehyung intently. "I heard you didn't go to work today. Is that true?"

"I didn't feel like going, Father" Taehyung said, his eyes fixed on the floor.

"You think you can just skip work? Remember, I'm the one feeding you and raising you. You owe me, and if you don't—-" his father's tone was icy, "I'll show you what it means to disobey."

"I'm sorry, Father" Taehyung mumbled, keeping his head down.

"And don't you dare refuse your boss" his father continued, standing up and advancing toward Taehyung. "Didn't you tell him you wouldn't be coming?"

"Father, I—" Taehyung began to speak, but was cut off by a sharp slap. He was on the verge of tears.

"Don't forget what I've done to your best friend and what I'm capable of doing to your mother" Mr. Kim sneered.

As Taehyung tried to process his father's words, he was overwhelmed by flashbacks. He recalled moments with his soulmate, the sudden impact on his head, and seeing blood.

Panic set in, and Taehyung felt as though his head was spinning uncontrollably. It was as if his panic attack was urging him to give up. Before he could do anything else, he collapsed onto the floor.

*******

The next day, Jin and Seunghyub waited for Taehyung, but he didn't show up. Taehyung was always punctual, and they had just four minutes left before class started.

With no sign of Taehyung, they went into the classroom as the bell rang. Jungkook was already seated at his place. The teacher began the math lesson, and the class proceeded as usual. They completed two classes, but Taehyung was still absent. Jin, growing increasingly worried, tried calling Taehyung, but there was no answer.

Jungkook couldn't help but notice Taehyung's empty seat. He kept glancing over at it, puzzled and concerned. 'why the fuck he didn't come? What could be the reason?' Jungkook wondered. He had discussed the matter with Jin and Hoseok, acknowledging his own fault but feeling that it was not as severe as his own actions.

Meanwhile, Taehyung lay in bed, his body trembling uncontrollably. The doctor was doing his best to revive him, but Taehyung's body was unresponsive. His mother sat beside him, crying, "Please, son, wake up. Why are you doing this to yourself?"

Taehyung's body shook violently, and he was sweating profusely. His mother could see the fear etched on his face, but his eyes remained closed.

After some time, Taehyung's body began to stabilize when the doctor administered an injection.

"Mrs. Kim, we've managed to get him under control, but he needs careful attention. Try to keep him happy and healthy. His condition is worsening" the doctor said, shaking his head.

"Thank you so much. I will do my best" Mrs. Kim replied, wiping away her tears.

*******

Jungkook now felt irritated. 'Why hasn't that skinny boy come for the last two weeks? Did I hurt him that badly? But he didn't look hurt, he seemed to be enjoying it' Jungkook thought.

As the daily routine began, he wasn't paying attention to the board but to the empty bench. He considered asking Jin or Hoseok, but Jin was preoccupied with his boyfriend, and Jungkook didn't want any drama. If he approached Jin about the skinny boy, his boyfriend might end up in the hospital.