22 : PAST, BELIFE, LOVE AND LIFE

His hands were brutally bound by rope to the back of the chair. His hair was messy, his face bruised, and his head was covered with a trace of blood. Progressively, his numb figure was slowly collapsing in the chair, a consequence of his trauma.

"Chim, you are far, very far... I didn't want to kill your father, I wanted to save your mother... seeking your forgiveness, begging you to forgive me..." His weak words were evidence of his sickness, the disorder manifesting in his body growing numb. His consciousness was drowning in the dark parts of his life—the cruel past.

It was consuming him.

Trying to forget the past and desiring to live his best life with Jungkook was becoming increasingly difficult. The shadows of his past prevented him from fully embracing the present with the love of his life. It wouldn't let him move on or heal from what had happened.

Heal.!!

Heal.!!

Jungkook had already healed some parts of Taehyung's trauma, which was beyond the topper's comprehension as Taehyung never revealed those parts, nor did Jungkook ask. How could Jungkook ask Taehyung in the first place when Taehyung never fully involved him in his life?

Jungkook never crossed the line between them, never attempting to bring up anything related to Taehyung's past.

In Taehyung's eyes, the details were too ridiculous to share with Jungkook. He feared Jungkook might leave him because of it, though such a thought never occurred to Jungkook. The topper's intentions were pure, never considering leaving Taehyung as a solution.

Taehyung never mentioned a single word about his past to Jungkook.

Taehyung's shaking body was rapidly becoming more severe. The monstrosity of the kidnapper was evident as he slammed water on Taehyung's face instead of helping or calling for emergency assistance. But it was no use; Taehyung's body couldn't escape the situation. He struggled, trying his best to overcome it, but it was futile.

The kidnapper hurriedly made a call. "Boss, t-the boy, h-his body... it's getting worse."

"Wait there, I'm fucking coming" the call ended with a fiery tone. The kidnapper shivered slightly.

*******

"Huh? Wait, his father?!" Jungkook bitterly chuckled. "Why would his father tell you anything about his son? Are you in your senses, Dad?"

"Sense? You need that, and I don't fucking care about him or his father. You've been sticking with him all around the school" Jeon paused before continuing.

"You're the one sticking with him, Jeon. The Jeon I do care about, because you are my son" Jeon firmly exclaimed.

"I don't fucking believe his father, at least not for now" Jungkook replied, clenching his fists to prevent his raging mouth from disrespecting his beloved dad. He had done it once and vowed not to do it again. If his father couldn't understand, he would make him understand one day. One day, he would love his Taehyung completely. "Control for now, Jungkook, just a bit for your Tae and you."

"I'm telling you the truth" Jeon insisted.

"These aren't your words" Jungkook shot back.

"I investigated every detail related to your—"

"Still, I want proof. Do you have any?" Jungkook's heart raced as he waited for Jeon's next words, hoping it was all a hallucination. 'Please God, make my Taehyung guiltless. I can't hear any badmouth about him,' he thought, trying to control his emotions.