16 : SPENDING TIME WITH YOU IS THE GOLDEN TIME

Seokjin was trying to sleep, but the haunting memories of his ex-boyfriend plagued his thoughts. His ex had always demanded that Seokjin give up everything for him, but Seokjin had had enough. He remembered the vicious argument they had had, where his ex demanded money, a car, and a house. Seokjin's refusal only led to more threats and manipulations. If Seokjin had broken up with him, his ex wouldn't have tried to win him back, he only stayed for the material gains.

As Seokjin lay on the bed, he felt a sharp pain in his stomach. He glanced at his abdomen, then stood up, his eyes welling with tears. He lifted his shirt to reveal a bruise on the left side of his stomach. The bruise was not deep but was unmistakably visible. It reminded him of the day before their breakup when Baekchan had punched him during an argument over a new mobile phone. Baekchan had wanted the latest phone from Seokjin, and when Seokjin couldn't argue with his parents about it, Baekchan became furious. His anger had culminated in a violent outburst, leaving Seokjin with the bruise.

Seokjin had tried to reason with Baekchan, but his ex was adamant. Unable to meet Baekchan's demands and with no other option, Seokjin had decided to end the relationship. He was grateful to Jimin and Yoongi for letting him stay with them. With thoughts of their kindness and the comfort they provided, Seokjin eventually drifted off to sleep.

*******

Taehyung playfully pushed Jungkook away and got up from his lap. Jungkook's expression shifted, his eyebrows raised and his lips curved into a playful smile as he admired how cute Taehyung looked.

Jungkook reached out to hold Taehyung's hand as Taehyung turned around, showing his back. Jungkook stood up, releasing his kneeling position. "Taehyung, what's wrong?" he asked.

Taehyung tried to pull his hand away, but Jungkook's grip tightened slightly. "Jungkook, we can talk without holding hands" Taehyung said, feeling nervous as he bit his lip, unable to turn around to face Jungkook out of shyness.

Jungkook gently pulled Taehyung to his side. Their bodies were close, with only a short distance between them, so Taehyung could feel Jungkook's breath against his ear while Jungkook sensed Taehyung's nervousness. "You're nervous, Kim" Jungkook's husky voice sent a shiver through Taehyung's body.

"I-I am not," Taehyung stammered, but the urge to feel Jungkook's breath was interrupted by the sudden thought of his father. He reached into his pocket for his cellphone to check the time, realizing he had work to do.

The phone's display brightened as Taehyung pressed the side button. The time on the phone widened his eyes, and he turned back to Jungkook. He wished he could pause time, to savor this moment and escape the harsh realities of his life while experiencing the joy of his new love.

The change in Taehyung's expression caused Jungkook's smirk to fade. "Hey, what's wrong?" Jungkook's voice was filled with concern for Taehyung. He hadn't realized why Taehyung looked so shocked. He had been happy moments ago—what had caused this change?

"Nothing, I-it's late. We should go home" Taehyung said, trying to calm himself and not let his sadness overshadow their new journey of love.

"This early?" Jungkook's voice revealed his surprise and disappointment. "I was thinking we could have dinner, and then I'd drop you off—" His words were cut off by Taehyung, who gently withdrew his arm from Jungkook's grasp.

"It's 9 o'clock, Jungkook. My father will be here any minute."

Taehyung hadn't mentioned his coffee date to his father, but he couldn't hide his destination. His father always dropped him off at his workplace, being the right hand of a prominent figure. Ensuring Taehyung's safety was a priority, as his father's job depended on it. If Taehyung wasn't safe, his father's position would be compromised as well.