26 : TAEHYUNG'S TRUTH.!!

Jungkook had brought Taehyung back to his apartment, determined to take care of him despite knowing that he hadn't fully healed yet. Every day, Jungkook made it his mission to keep Taehyung from dwelling on the painful memories that still haunted him. His entire focus was on Taehyung, doing everything in his power to see that smile again—the genuine smile that Taehyung used to have, the one that seemed to disappear somewhere along the way. The smile that would appear so easily whenever Taehyung looked at him.

A full week had passed, and though there were moments when that smile returned, Jungkook could sense the lingering sadness behind it. He could feel the weight Taehyung was carrying, the burden of guilt that refused to let go. Taehyung was convinced that he didn't deserve Jungkook. The thoughts plagued him constantly—that he was nothing more than a murderer, while Jungkook was the purest soul, full of love and light. Taehyung believed Jungkook deserved someone better, someone untainted by the darkness that had taken hold of his own life.

No matter how hard Jungkook tried to bring Taehyung back to a place of happiness, Taehyung couldn't shake the feeling that he was unworthy of Jungkook's love. Jungkook noticed the distant look in Taehyung's eyes, the way he would sometimes retreat into himself as if lost in his own thoughts. It broke Jungkook's heart to see the boy he loved so deeply, struggling with such intense self-doubt. And though the younger wanted nothing more than to take away all of Taehyung's pain, he knew that this was a battle the elder had to fight on his own. But Jungkook would be there, every step of the way, to remind him that he was loved, that he was worthy, and that he was not alone.

Taehyung was still asleep, and Jungkook couldn't help but smile as he watched him rest peacefully. After a while, Jungkook quietly made his way to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast. Just as he was focused on cooking, he heard soft footsteps behind him. Turning around slightly, he saw Taehyung rubbing his eyes sleepily, making his way into the kitchen.

"Kookie," Taehyung murmured in a sleepy voice.

"My Tae baby, you're awake? You should've kept sleeping, I'm making breakfast for both of us," Jungkook replied softly.

"Kookie, I had a dream... We were both getting soaked in the rain."

"And?" Jungkook asked, his tone light.

"And... you ran away," Taehyung's voice wavered, and tears welled up in his eyes. Jungkook's heart skipped a beat as he noticed. He quickly turned off the stove and rushed over to Taehyung's side.

"What happened, baby? What happened after that?" Jungkook asked, his voice full of concern.

"You... you left me," Taehyung whispered, tears spilling over. "You said I'm a murderer and you left."

Jungkook's heart clenched. "Hey, hey... shhh, that's not true. Don't think like that, not for a second," he said, wrapping his arms tightly around Taehyung. "You're not a murderer. You're my precious Tae baby, the most innocent, the most kind-hearted person. Don't ever doubt that."

Taehyung buried his face in Jungkook's chest, his tears soaking into Jungkook's shirt. Jungkook held him close, stroking his hair gently, his own eyes stinging with unshed tears. "I'm not going anywhere," he whispered. "I'm right here, and I'm not leaving you, ever."

Taehyung's voice was filled with sobs, his body shaking as he cried. Jungkook could hardly bear to see him like this. He wanted to know the full truth, but not at the cost of breaking Taehyung even more. He couldn't bring himself to cause him more pain.

The night before, they had talked about it, and Taehyung had seemed ready to face everything, but now, seeing him shivering and unable to even say Jimin's name, Jungkook knew it was too much for him. Taehyung had realized that Jungkook knew who Jimin was, and Jungkook had explained everything—how he and Jimin had been friends for two years.