17 : THE TERRACE DATE

With a heavy sigh and a fearful expression, Taehyung approached the door. As it opened, he barely had time to register his father's furious face before a sharp slap landed on his cheek.

"You son of a bitch!" Mr. Kim shouted, causing Taehyung to fall to the floor. Pushing Taehyung roughly, Mr. Kim locked the door and moved closer. He bent over Taehyung, grabbing his jaw tightly, rendering him unable to speak or move.

Mr. Kim knew how to torment his so-called son, whom he never truly considered his own. Fearful of losing his own life to Mr. Jeon or someone else, Mr. Kim was intent on making Taehyung's life a living hell-or worse, killing him if necessary. Taehyung's stuttering attempt to speak only made Mr. Kim tighten his grip further.

"Shut the fuck up. Do you know what you did yesterday?" Mr. Kim's voice echoed with menacing intensity, making Taehyung shiver more than before. Taehyung tried to nod in agreement, but his father's grip prevented him from doing so.

"Answer me, you bitch!" Mr. Kim shouted, releasing Taehyung again

Taehyung's hands fell to the side, his face hitting the floor with the force of Mr. Kim's hand. "Father, I-l'm sorry. I should have come home earlier" Taehyung said from the floor.

"You know the fucking officer is searching for the person they saw yesterday, and that person was you. They saw your face too" Mr.
Kim said, rising from his crouched position and rubbing his back.

"Father, they didn't see my face. I-escaped" Taehyung said, still on the floor, trying to look in his father's direction but too frightened to meet his gaze.

Mr. Kim harshly grabbed Taehyung's hand, where he had a burn mark from the previous night's punishment for being late. "Stand up, you moron" he ordered, pressing down on the burn mark. Taehyung screamed in pain.

"Ahh, Father, it hurts. Please" he begged, tears streaming down his cheeks as he struggled to rise despite the overwhelming pain. His father showed no mercy or kindness.

Taehyung managed to stand, summoning courage despite the agony. As the burn area grew wet, droplets of blood began to fall from his hand. Mr. Kim jerked Taehyung's hand sharply, causing him to grasp his father's arm in a futile attempt to alleviate the pain. The tears continued to flow uncontrollably.

"Listen, you said they didn't see you, right?" Mr. Kim's voice was cold and demanding. Taehyung nodded in response.
"Tell me everything in detail!" Mr. Kim's voice grew louder.

"Father, I-I was going to deliver the-"

//flashback//

Taehyung's father stopped the car in front of a large building that looked very different from the one where Taehyung had trained a few months ago. The new building was large and seemed old, almost as if it might collapse soon. Taehyung thought to himself how disheartening it was.

"I'm outside. When you finish your work, meet me here, understood?!" Mr. Kim ordered. Taehyung nodded in response.

Taehyung left the car and began walking toward the building. He wore a cap and a mask, with a jacket he had borrowed for the day. He hadn't had time to change his clothes, he was about to ask his father if he should change, but a phone call from Mr. Kim made him suppress his thoughts. The call had instructed Mr. Kim to send Taehyung in within minutes or face consequences.

Mr. Kim, being obsessed with money and himself, wouldn't risk his own safety. Instead, he would use Taehyung, whom he considered a money-making machine. Taehyung approached the door and pressed the intercom button. A guard appeared, and the doorbell rang, causing Taehyung to gulp in fear.