25 : THEY ARE EACH-OTHER'S

After leaving the hospital, Jungkook felt like he couldn't breathe. Everything he'd just heard was crashing down on him, and he needed to get out, to be alone, to think. His feet moved on their own, taking him away from the sterile, suffocating walls of the hospital, away from the faces that had just shattered his world.

He walked through the city, barely aware of where he was going. The night was cool, the streets mostly empty, but even the quiet did nothing to calm the storm inside him. Every step he took was heavy, his thoughts racing and tumbling over each other. He kept seeing Taehyung's face, hearing Jimin's voice, remembering Jin's panicked expression. It all felt unreal, like a nightmare he couldn't wake up from.

After what felt like hours, Jungkook found himself at a park on the edge of town. Something like it was reminding him with full of memories—he and Taehyung had scent their love and time somewhere like this- a park, chasing each other around, talking about their dreams. But now, the park looks like it worn down, just like the memories that were now tainted with doubt and betrayal.

Jungkook sat down on one of the swings, the rusty chains creaking under his weight. He stared at the ground, trying to make sense of everything. How could Taehyung, the person he loved and trusted more than anyone, be involved in something so dark? And how could Jimin and Yoongi, people he considered friends, have kept this from him?

His chest tightened as he thought about the years he'd spent with Taehyung, all the moments they shared. It was hard to believe that the same person he had trusted with his heart could be hiding such a terrible secret. But then again, was it true? Was any of it true? Jungkook didn't know what to believe anymore. His emotions were a mess—anger, hurt, confusion, and a deep sense of betrayal.

He gripped the chains of the swing, feeling the cold metal dig into his palms. How was he supposed to move forward from this? How could he look at Taehyung the same way again, knowing what he knew now? And yet, despite everything, a part of him still wanted to protect Taehyung, to hold on to the belief that there was some explanation, some reason for all of this that he didn't yet understand.

Jungkook felt tears sting his eyes, but he refused to let them fall. He wasn't ready to give in to the pain just yet. He needed to stay strong, to figure out what to do next. But as he sat there in the darkness, with the memories of happier times surrounding him, Jungkook couldn't shake the feeling of loss that was slowly creeping in. He had lost something tonight—something important, something he wasn't sure he could ever get back.

For now, all he could do was sit there, alone in the quiet night, trying to hold on to the pieces of his shattered world.

On the other hand, Jungkook's father had been searching for him, frantic with worry. When he finally spotted Jungkook sitting alone in the dark, relief washed over him. He hurried over, placing a gentle hand on his son's head.

"Son," he said softly, his voice filled with concern.

"Dad..." Jungkook's voice broke as he looked up, his eyes red and full of pain.

"What are you doing here?" his father asked

"Dad, it's over. Everything's ruined. My Taehyung... he can't be a killer. He just can't be," Jungkook choked out, his voice thick with sorrow.

His father's brow furrowed in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Jungkook's expression twisted with anguish as he tried to make sense of the chaos in his mind. "He took someone's family away, Dad. He destroyed my friend's life. How can I accept that? How can I even look at him knowing he's the reason for all of this?"