#8 Valentine's, Wallah (II)

Tanvi tells Saumit not to get his hopes up or weave any romantic fantasies for the two of them.

"This is the first time we're talking to each other. Let's get to know each other as friends."

Despite the clear intention of her voice and her firm tone, Saumit still tries to flirt with her; apparently having heard of her crush on him from someone!

Who on earth told you I have a crush on you?! If I were to crush on someone, that'd be... Tanvi sighs, shaking her head. Nope, she's definitely not going to imagine the Casanova Samrat! This is ridiculous! She never had a crush on him back when he was a flirt and he'd always flirt with Sameera. No she's not jealous, either!

 No she's not jealous, either!

She smacks her head. Saumit leans in closer, ignoring the walls she put up. Her subconscious tries to recall if Samrat was ever like this around the girls he would target; the answer rings in her head, crystal clear — "no."

Presently, Saumit is bragging about how he's in the good books of several high ranking officers. How he's the perfect desirable bachelor of the entire airbase.

"Saumit, let's slow down, okay?"

Despite wanting to snap, Tanvi can only try the soft approach. Because she's being watched by Samrat! He's watching her every move from afar, how she's interacting with Saumit. Her slip-up may expose her lie. Her legs ache from standing; she finds a nearby chair to sit. Saumit follows her example, pulls a chair next to hers.

"So? How about we share a dance, Tanvi?"

Saumit's sleazy grin is repulsive. Reigning in her frustration, Tanvi shakes her head. "I don't dance."

Saumit doesn't believe in her response.

"But I saw you dancing with Samrat once."

"That's because he's my best friend. And he was teaching me some dance moves. It's not a big deal."

"Really? Mujhe lagta hai you only want to dance with him! Why don't you consider me?"

Tanvi sighs and rubs her temples that are aching. "Whatever, yaar. If you know I only want to dance with him, toh puchte kyun ho? Pakao mat..."

"