#26 Girl talk. Guy talk.

That Sunday, luckily another day off, Tanvi finds herself surrounded by her girl pals early inside her apartment. The girls were all in a clear hurry and didn't bother to change out of their pyjamas. Not that changing out of pyjamas is necessary while within the residential quarters visiting a friend. A lot of officers move about that way, lounging in their leisure wear. They hardly find these moments of leisure, after all. Tanvi has just woken up having had a disturbing late night, standing in her own pyjamas, hair put in a loose bun, looking at twin frowns on the faces of her friends.

 Tanvi has just woken up having had a disturbing late night, standing in her own pyjamas, hair put in a loose bun, looking at twin frowns on the faces of her friends

"Tanvi, bata!" Isha takes charge while Sameera watches from behind. "Purey air base mein yeh baat phail gayi hai, ki teri aur Sam ki bilkul nahin ban rahi. Best friends worst enemies ban gaye hain! Aakhir kya ho raha hai? Hume batao, yaar! You know, Abhimanyu is also concerned! Woh bhi mujhse poochh raha tha kal! Aur Farhan... kaam ke chakkar mein main usse mil nahi paayi lekin, usko zarur kuchh pata hai, hai na! Farhan is the only one who's constantly in touch with you and Sam. But we're all friends na! This is not done humen bhi kuch bataya karo na!"

Sameera nods. "Han, Tanvi. Ab aur nahi chhupana. Last time tumne baat taal di. Par ab nahi."

Tanvi sighs and gestures to her friends to take the couch. "At least baith toh jao yaar. Let's discuss this over morning coffee, hm?"

Five minutes later, the girls are drinking lukewarm morning coffee because the weather is too hot outside. The temperatures in all of Rajasthan during summer; at this rate, even air-conditioning will fail in and around airbase.

Isha takes a slow sip of her coffee and faces Tanvi. "Okay. Ab bataoge bhi ya nahi?"

Tanvi takes a deep breath and explains everything

Tanvi takes a deep breath and explains everything. Her one-sided love for Samrat that she kept secret from everyone, including the guy himself, how it all boiled up and led to a confession. A one-sided confession, which was surely a burden to him, given his self-hatred. How they stopped being friends at her insistence and how the sequences spiralled on, now resulting in Samrat wanting to show his worst side.

"He's even started harassing me at work! Can you believe it? Teaming up with those disgusting girls who always want to flirt and do time pass with him!" Tanvi's tone is laced with frustration, which she releases with a soft sigh. She then drinks her coffee that's gone cold in one gulp. "Sam sara kaam mujhse karwana chaha, fir Vivek aaya! We're only two, but it helped. Baki ladkiyan were just chilling and Sam let them!"