#31 Pasa Palat?

The last batch of trials is about to end. It is a matter of a few days now. Harjot ma'am is all set to return. Everything will be in place for her to review. Early that weekend, this is the reason Samrat throws a pre-victory celebration at a local dhaba near the airbase for all those involved in the Shakti aircraft project. He sees it as a means for all of them to unwind, for which they all are grateful.

Ten am. The officers dressed in their comfy civilian wear are scattered around the spacious, colourful dhaba. Tanvi grabs Samrat's favourite spot, dragging Vivek to sit with her.

Samrat, who's a split-second away from occupying the charpai, can only move away to where some of his flying squad guys are inviting him to.

"Arey kya hua, Vivek? Baitho na tum. Yahan baitho mere sath..." Tanvi tells Vivek who's hesitating.

From his spot, Samrat takes a glance at the scene and turns away, pretending he's not troubled by any of it

From his spot, Samrat takes a glance at the scene and turns away, pretending he's not troubled by any of it. He's not bothered by the kiss or her closeness with Vivek. She said, "I'll only love you, Sam," so her bond with Vivek is only a friendly one. Ugh, Sam, kya soch raha?

"Sam, kya khaoge?" Rahul, his flying squad member's words are Samrat's saviour, his distraction for the moment.

Vivek takes a seat next to Tanvi, glancing at Samrat, confirming the latter isn't ready to pounce. He smiles at Tanvi apologetically, but it isn't necessary. She's in a great mood, chatting about the project and her family and beloved pet that she dearly misses. He listens with interest, revealing a few details of his own.

"Wow! So you wanted to join the Navy, lekin Air Force mein join ho gaye. Glad you are in the Air Force Vivek."

Vivek chuckles

Vivek chuckles. Their food arrives. Parathe and meetha of their choice, gajar halwa for her, besan ka for him. All around, the officers are also relishing similar delicacies. It's great for unwinding. Samrat is an outstanding leader to do this for his team. Vivek's thoughts come to a halt as Tanvi chuckles loudly again, glancing up at the grey skies.

Vivek looks at her with a smile, but feels a pair of eyes looking over the two of them. Samrat... Haha, quite the possessive type you are. You'll forgive me for pulling your leg today na? You're my friend and today I feel like teasing you. Or maybe... this will help you with your current situation...