#28 Tit for Tat?

"Congratulations on completing the first batch of trials. Hum kuch aur formations mein fly karenge. Aur testing baaki hai, I know. But we have completed phase one."

Everybody claps at Samrat's words. It's a bright, scorching Saturday morning. 8 am and the sun is already at its peak. Sector 53's hangar is wholly occupied. Tanvi also joins the other officers in giving him a round of applause. She is ecstatic that the first trials were successful. It almost feels like her and Vivek's hard work has paid off. Can she only attribute 50% of this success to the both of them? The flying squad aside, the engineering girls did nothing but gossip. So yes, hopefully she can.

"Jo bhi data collect kiya hai

"Jo bhi data collect kiya hai. Humare devices mein record kiya hain aur note kiya hain, I want it to be put on the Excel sheet and also want printouts of the same. I want the data in digital and hardcopy format ready for Harjot ma'am to access when she arrives." Samrat's voice booms across the hall again. He's still not done with his speech, "aur yeh kaam Tanvi karegi."

Tanvi's eyes widen out of shock

Tanvi's eyes widen out of shock. "Huh?"

"It is an honour, isn't it, Tanvi?"

Samrat poses the same question that Harjot once asked him. Tanvi inwardly cringes. It is an honour, but it is also a lot of work at the same time. Samrat wants her to work alone on this? Has he gone crazy? Oh yes, he is showing her his worst side, isn't he? He really is the worst, ugh.... Why!!!???

Tanvi wants to scream but knows she can't. All eyes are on her, expectant, some of them regarding her with pity. Is she supposed to say yes? Vivek is the only one who is silently cheering her up, pointing his fist in the air when she looks his way.

Before she can retort, Samrat speaks again.

"I think you didn't hear me, Miss Sharma. Itni khas responsibility tumhe mil rahi hain, you should consider yourself lucky. You really have to agree that it is an honour."